Threading for choke tubes

I am very interested in enhancing my S12's performance and believe that some sort of choke tube arrangement is in order. I have considered both the poly choke and the screw on choke tube adapters that Cobra sells. I have not ruled those options out. I am interested in the viability of having a S12 threaded internally for choke tubes. I would like to do this in part not to add anymore length.

A couple questions. Is this something that can be done to an S12? Are there any issues with a chrome lined bore?

What is a reasonable price to pay a gunsmith to do this?

I may just go with the screw on adapter, or perhaps the poly choke since I could use them on my other guns as well, but I wanted to know if internal threading was even a viable option before I make any purchases.

Gunfixer has the tooling to thread the barrel , but I'am unsure if he started this service yet. I was told a month are two back that he was not ready to offer this service or was just back up I can't remember. So I went with Cobra/Ak builder choke.

Thanks for the link. I would like to keep the external threads as well if possible so that thread was good reading. I now need to find a gunsmith to talk to. Any recomendations for a good smith in UT that could do this type of work.

If you thread internally I heard it gets too thin for the external threads, unless you thread for some special thinwall choke tube. Worse with some of the off center bores we've heard about. So you gotta chop off the threads, which leaves you with a barely legal length barrel.