Correct Ultimak for Saiga

It surprised me to see how short these things are. I was about to pack mine up to send it back, thinking I had ordered the wrong one, but then I read on the little booklet that it was a design feature.

Thats what I have heard. It's supposed to be a better design since the gas tube is not putting pressure on the barrel when it heats up like the factory set-up. Some have said it will cook a red dot. Not sure how true this is...I will be mounting a Burris FastFire II red dot on mine...hope it holds up to the heat.

I just got my M1-B and installed it. Kind of a pain in the ass since the instructions are made for a traditional AK handguard. I cut a little more than I originally wanted to off of my handguard, but oh well.

The rail itself is pretty sweet. A lot shorter than I would've thought, like Jim said. Totally worth the $80 that I picked it up for!

The Bushnell red dot I have sits just too high to co-witness so I'm going to look into some low mounts for it. All in all, a great rail.

I just got my M1-B and installed it. Kind of a pain in the ass since the instructions are made for a traditional AK handguard. I cut a little more than I originally wanted to off of my handguard, but oh well.

The rail itself is pretty sweet. A lot shorter than I would've thought, like Jim said. Totally worth the $80 that I picked it up for!

The Bushnell red dot I have sits just too high to co-witness so I'm going to look into some low mounts for it. All in all, a great rail.

I think you'll have to change to a trs-25 from bushnell if you want to cowitness. Or you could get the konus. Aimpoint micro is an idea but 700 bucks.

Some have said it will cook a red dot. Not sure how true this is...

I haven't tested this but I want to give my $.02 from my experience with AKs.

The only way I could see this happening is if the red dot is mounted at the front of the tube near the piston head & gas block, this is the only area of the gas tube I've noticed that get's hot, the hot gas is bled off at the gas block or front area of the tube. Now the only other way it could happen is if you got a really cheap red dot.

yep, I had to cut up my Tapco Intrafuse forend and did not like how it looked. I then cut the factory forend and I have to say it looks nice with the Ultimak. I will post a pic when I get home from work.

• 2 weeks later...

yep, I had to cut up my Tapco Intrafuse forend and did not like how it looked. I then cut the factory forend and I have to say it looks nice with the Ultimak. I will post a pic when I get home from work.

Love to see a picture of the Ultimak and the forend. I am looking at a similar set-up myself. :smoke:

Love to see a picture of the Ultimak and the forend. I am looking at a similar set-up myself. :smoke:

Here ya' go, Ultimak / stock fore-end(modified) / Burris Fastfire II....

post-20640-12578704555572_thumb.jpg

post-20640-12578704706132_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flashbang