accelerator piston?

Hey everyone.im new to this and a proud new saiga owner. i finally got her last weekend.BIG SMILE. so i ran right out for a test run. i found i wasnt cycling though the light loads.(no problem with 00 buck) i've been reading up on the problem(thanks to this site and all u guys)anyway the gas ports seem fine so im planning on picking up Gunfixers gas plug but i also see alliance armament has a accelerator piston. any info on that? just wondering if its worth the $ and if it would help.Thanks

... i also see alliance armament has a accelerator piston. any info on that? just wondering if its worth the $ and if it would help.Thanks

Welcome to the board!

We don't have much info about AA here anymore, but be prepared to have to pay for an expensive "reliability service" to make it function in your gun...

• Like 3

... i also see alliance armament has a accelerator piston. any info on that? just wondering if its worth the $ and if it would help.Thanks

Welcome to the board!

We don't have much info about AA here anymore, but be prepared to have to pay for an expensive "reliability service" to make it function in your gun...

i shot off about 30 00buck and acouple of slugs with NO problems

misternt wasn't asking you that question. :D

Anyway, high-brass will cycle np with the factory piston and factory plug, unless you've got a serious problem with your gas system. That's long established. The "trick" is to get your gun to reliably cycle el-cheapo low-brass birdshot, even when fired from the hip.

I'm gonna throw one more part into consideration; one that has a couple major benefits. That part is the Polychoke II (near the top of the page, 2 12 ga models available) adjustable choke. It screws onto the existing S-12 barrel threads, provides 9 different choke settings, and is quickly hand-adjustable.

Besides the obvious benefits of using a choke on your S-12 to extend her effective range, I've found that the Polychoke also helps my gun cycle low-brass. It seems to force a bit more gas into the system, so that even the cheapest crap out there will cycle reliably on Gunfixr gas setting 2.

Some people will disagree, but imo the Polychoke is the best choice for a S-12 muzzle attachment. It's simply the most functional choice out there.. that is unless you're actually using yours to breach doors. :rolleyes:

As for the other parts in question, the Gunfixr gas plug is an absolute no-brainer of a purchase. It greatly increases your control over your gas system. Get one. There's no reason not to. I also use a Twisterpuc, and I like the design. It most definitely does keep your gas block cleaner, it's pretty cheap, and it adds 1 more US part to your gun, which is never a bad thing.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Welcome aboard. The S12 is different from most other guns in that you have to run a lot of ammo through it to break it in. Shoot 200+ rounds thorough it before you go and change anything drastic. You can polish the bolt and hammer and change pucks and gas knobs, but lots of ammo is the best thing to do first. Besides its fun as hell.