What can be done to improve accuracy, on a budget?

Polish the trigger group, try a slip on recoil pad (this increases LOP, the factory stock is a bit short for many people),try different ammo as every gun has its own preference, the Saiga's seem to be happiest with 150 gr or lighter bullets.

Put a decent, purpose built, scope on it. The saiga irons pretty much suck. If you want to watch your 100 yard groups get sliced in half, properly mount a posp on it and compare your before and after targets. Some people are great with irons, most people aren't.

I like the MOJO and Krebbs(is that right?) peep sights for AK type rifles, really makes a HUGE difference over that blade which is just not acceptable. I was shocked how much difference a scout scope made on a x39 and am waiting on delivery of a POSP 8x42 for the 308 thats also has the peep sights as backup. Only problem with peep sights is they can get mud in them and harder to clear that the simple blade. Thats why there a tooth pick in a Swiss army knife right?

this

Practice, practice and then practice some more

and this

At the risk of sounding redundant get yourself to an Appleseed, the shooter is the best place to start.

Utah shoot information:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6625.msg61166;topicseen#msg61166

If you can't make it to that one, get about 15-20 people interested and then contact the Appleseed people, they'll bring one to you. There is no excuse if you want to learn how to shoot!

I can hit 10" plates at 200 meters with my 22 and 16 ' barreled Saigas, thanks to the training and education I received in the Aplleseed program.

Spoon

Edited by thereisnospoon