Judge Dredd's Lawgiver is just around the corner

Gods forbid your battery dies as your being mugged/raped/otherwise assaulted.

What would that do?

This unit is just a monitoring device, and has nothing to do with the operation of the weapon.

Battery failure = no more round counting . .

Gods forbid your battery dies as your being mugged/raped/otherwise assaulted.

What would that do?

This unit is just a monitoring device, and has nothing to do with the operation of the weapon.

Battery failure = no more round counting . .

I think he's referring to the last paragraph in the part of the article you posted: Even more chillingly for those who see personal weapons as a guarantee of freedom from government oppression, FN speak of the Black Box as a "weapon manager", hinting that feds, military superiors etc. might even be able to disable a gun remotely.

Obviously more than simply putting this "black box" into the hollow cavity of a pistol grip would be necessary to "disable a gun remotely"... so they'd have a helluva time adapting this device to an AK type rifle or similar simple, effective firearm.

Regardless, I don't expect legislation that would allow/require something like that on citizen-owned semi-auto firearms to be feasible in the US Congress anytime in the near future, as resistance to King Barry's far-left agenda is only strengthening. The 2010 midterm elections will certainly change the current balance of power.

Thank you P-A,

Everything comes one step at a time. Sadly in this country we are either going 2 steps forward, 1 step back or (due to the current admin) 1 step forward and 2-3 steps back. Either way, we don't make the progress that we should. And todays revolutionary idea, occasionally becomes tomorrows means of tyranny.

do-not-want-dog.jpg

nifty, but too abuseable.. Don't like the idea of king barry knowing all my guns and where they are so he can sieze them, or anyone else for that matter.. also not much for protecting yourself if they are sending a HERE I AM signal out the whole time. I can count just fine thanks.