Recommend place to get full Saiga Conversion kit?

most vendors can do that for you

just get a fire control group- lots of places sell them... normally in one pack.. Then get yourself a retainer plate. A LOT of the vendors here sell both.

Apart from that I'm not sure if the 7.62 comes with an appropriate hole for pistol grip screw:

if it does, all you need is a pistol grip screw/nut, works almost all pistol grips

if it doesn't get a tromix do it yourself trigger guard if you don't want to drill the hole yourself. If you go with the tromix DIY you need to buy the apropriate pistol grip, its an inexpensive tapco

then just pick your furniture out

and get some really good drill bits.. cobalt probably, they were sold out so I went with crappier ones and broke about 8

Edited by volkov

K-VAR & AKPARTS to start with...

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16964&cat=335&page=1

is this a good kit? dont know what this even comes with :unsure:

That kit will ONLY work if you happen to have an Arsenal SGL10, it doesn't have all the parts needed to convert a regular 7.62 Saiga...

Do yourself a favor and contact Carolina Shooters Supply (or one of the other vendors who are members here) and they will go over the parts that are required to do a conversion.

That kit will ONLY work if you happen to have an Arsenal SGL10, it doesn't have all the parts needed to convert a regular 7.62 Saiga...

Do yourself a favor and contact Carolina Shooters Supply (or one of the other vendors who are members here) and they will go over the parts that are required to do a conversion.

Why will that only work for SGL-10? Are they not the same rifle ? Looks like the arsenal sgl just has a diff handguard

Why will that only work for SGL-10? Are they not the same rifle ? Looks like the arsenal sgl just has a diff handguard

The SGL-10 is already half-converted. It has different forward gas and sight blocks with bayonet/accessory lugs, an AK-74 style compensator, and AK style handguards with the retainer.

It also still has the sporter stock with no pistol grip.

I am uncertain whether the hammer and disconnector are stock or US made. Also, I had not heard whether It used the wire retaining spring or a shepard's crook.

With a stock Saiga and that kit you would still need at least a US made disconnector and hammer. Some people would say that you don't need the trigger guard that comes with that kit, since you can reuse the stock trigger guard without having to grind off the rivets for the magazine latch. You might also want to get a shepard's crook and something to plug up the five empty rivet holes that are left after conversion.

Edited by Jigen

I see, I was planning on not changing the handguard/and gas-system parts. Will that KVAR SGL10 conversion kit work for the purpose of

changing the stock ( + adding pistol grip ) and moving the trigger forward? Are all the parts there for that?

If not, anyone got a link to the full 7.62 conversion package.

Carolina Shooters Supply. You'll do great there.

They sell individual parts, yes. Looking for a kit :chris:

Can anyone explain to me why the kvar set wont work for JUST adding a pistol grip and moving the trigger forward ?

That K-Var kit ONLY has a single stage single trigger catch included in it and NOT the hammer or disconnector, since Arsenal SGL10's come from with those U.S. parts already installed, the stock and pistol grip should work, but from the description and picture I'm not sure about that kits trigger guard.

I don't know of anyone who sells a conversion kit, which is understandable since there are many, many options available and people tastes are all different.

Edited by Rockina

Can anyone explain to me why the kvar set wont work for JUST adding a pistol grip and moving the trigger forward ?

The K-var set is okay. However, it does leave you shy one part of being 922R compliant since the trigger guard is not considered to be a compliance part. If you want, you can just pick up that set and get a US disconnector and Hammer.

think most people gathered that from your first post, but regardless, it doesn't take a huge amount of effort to simply run through a small check list and get all you need shipped together. If you find a kit, cool.. but it really isn't difficult to just get the few pieces you need shipped to you and it gives you more options on furniture and the like... the FCG would be daunting but they tend to come as a set so it's really just about getting the pistol grip nut and a retainer plate plus your furniture..

The K-var set is okay. However, it does leave you shy one part of being 922R compliant since the trigger guard is not considered to be a compliance part. If you want, you can just pick up that set and get a US disconnector and Hammer.

Is there any place that sells a U.S. made hammer and disconnector not in a full trigger kit?

Is there any place that sells a U.S. made hammer and disconnector not in a full trigger kit?

Yeah, K-var and a couple other places have them. However, it would probably be less expensive to just buy a Tapco G2 trigger group now that I check the prices on them. You can end up spending more on the individual parts than just getting a full set.

• 1 year later...

i just recently bought the kvar set. i also purchased the US hammer and disconnector from them. it's too late to turn back now. the kvar butt stock and grip that come with the set are exactly what i wanted anyway, and it appears that i may have saved a few bucks in the end on the package. some questions though.....

i'm wondering about all the springs and such that are in the FCG. hopefully they are reusable, given that none appear to be part of the kit i bought. secondly, what exactly is involved if i opt to use the trigger guard included in the kit, as opposed to what is involved with the mag catch and such if i reuse the guard off the saiga?

lastly, as it does not appear to include anything for this purpose, what is needed/can be used to fill the empty holes that result from moving everything forward?

thanks.

i just recently bought the kvar set. i also purchased the US hammer and disconnector from them. it's too late to turn back now. the kvar butt stock and grip that come with the set are exactly what i wanted anyway, and it appears that i may have saved a few bucks in the end on the package. some questions though.....

i'm wondering about all the springs and such that are in the FCG. hopefully they are reusable, given that none appear to be part of the kit i bought. secondly, what exactly is involved if i opt to use the trigger guard included in the kit, as opposed to what is involved with the mag catch and such if i reuse the guard off the saiga?

lastly, as it does not appear to include anything for this purpose, what is needed/can be used to fill the empty holes that result from moving everything forward?

thanks.

On the holes, some use plugs, others soider/weld, :smoke:

yeah. i just got my bullet guide from dinzag, and he included some nylon hole plugs as well. i think i'll use those.

thanks.

On the holes, some use plugs, others soider/weld, :smoke: