Pics of my first AK47 underfolder

Very nice frist choice for an AK. Very CLASSY.027.gif

I am looking at single/double stack Century WASR's at the moment (classic wood trim and dinged up).

Asking all sellers about the 'site' CANT. Single stacks are like $320 doubles are $390+. I may go sidefold or underfold with them... hmmmm. Then again if a x308 Saiga pops up for decent I'll be on it.

Kwesi. Are the sites straight (aka 90 deg) ? and is the front site block (FSB) threaded (I see a brake and it looks FAT aka 24mm type).

From the pics I'd say YES to both items. IMHO.

Yes the sights are straight 100 - 800 m and the flash hider is removable!

What i meant by the 90 degree gasblock was that all ak47 and akm in 7.62x39 used a a gasblock with a 45 degree gas port. shortly after the russian went with the 5.45 round they found out the 45 degree port was causing the jackets to shear off the new 5.45 round and swithched to a 90 degree gas port. you can tell the difference visually because the the 45 are angled from the front to the top of the block and the 90 are straight up and down.

Nice looking rifle. My Polish UF has the 45 degree GB and non threaded FSB. It's a Kit built gun from a Polish military AK. Why did Arsenal put a 90 degree GB on it, along with the threaded FSB?

As far as your question about Arsenals...I don't think it's as much about people "hating" Arsenal guns....but more the fact there are some overly "proud" :rolleyes:

for lack of a better word....Asenal "fans" out there, who worship them like they are the best thing since sliced bread. Some folks see a thread with the letters SGL1 or 2 or whatever other Arsenal product mentioned in them, and just start spouting all over the place. They think just because Arsenal "made" it that it's far better than anything else around, or anything that a decent gunsmith couldn't do if he had the same parts to use in his Saiga conversion. They build nice guns but they are still just AKs. I've seen some way overpriced, just because of that name on them. I'd rather put the extra money in good parts and ammo, and build the gun myself.

Nice looking rifle. My Polish UF has the 45 degree GB and non threaded FSB. It's a Kit built gun from a Polish military AK. Why did Arsenal put a 90 degree GB on it, along with the threaded FSB?

As far as your question about Arsenals...I don't think it's as much about people "hating" Arsenal guns....but more the fact there are some overly "proud" :rolleyes:

for lack of a better word....Asenal "fans" out there, who worship them like they are the best thing since sliced bread. Some folks see a thread with the letters SGL1 or 2 or whatever other Arsenal product mentioned in them, and just start spouting all over the place. They think just because Arsenal "made" it that it's far better than anything else around, or anything that a decent gunsmith couldn't do if he had the same parts to use in his Saiga conversion. They build nice guns but they are still just AKs. I've seen some way overpriced, just because of that name on them. I'd rather put the extra money in good parts and ammo, and build the gun myself.

Amen Cobra!!

Why did Arsenal put a 90 degree GB on it, along with the threaded FSB?

Cobra: from the owners manual " SAS M-7 was created to be an exact duplicate of current issue Bulgarian model AR-M1F. It is authentic in material and construction from black polymer furniture to the vertical gas block and underfolder".

+1 on more ammo; wish I had the ability to build em myself!

Why did Arsenal put a 90 degree GB on it, along with the threaded FSB?

Cobra: from the owners manual " SAS M-7 was created to be an exact duplicate of current issue Bulgarian model AR-M1F. It is authentic in material and construction from black polymer furniture to the vertical gas block and underfolder".

+1 on more ammo; wish I had the ability to build em myself!

Oh that answers my question. My bad.... I misread what you were saying in your post. The original post didn't include a model number. I thought you were saying you just picked that up from Arsenal and it was their "Polish" kit. Iwas trying to figure out why they would do a mockup of a Polish UF and use features found on a Bulgy gun.

Thanks PA: why do some of the members hate Arsenal's? I got this on the advice of a good buddy. Manual states only 200 made & from select parts. Not why I got it but it sure feels like quality.

I think some people hate Arsenal rifles because they bought one that had a defect like a canted fsb/gas block and then had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with Arsenal's Customer Service, (which I won't defend, it does usually suck). Most of these rifles would be one of their Bulgarian builds, like the SLR-107 etc.

Those who hate on Arsenal's more recent products, like their SGL line, have less of a genuine argument. SGL20's and SGL21's are Saiga 7.62x39 rifles, but they were assembled by Legion, the Izhmash custom rifle shop. Because of this, they were never your typical "sporter" Saiga rifle. They were never neutered in the same ways. The only things a Legion rifle lacks when compared to a true AK-103 is the Russian side-folding stock and selective fire/fa fcg. That's it, otherwise they're identical in true Russian factory mil-spec features. The same cannot be said of most "sporter" Saiga rifles. In fact, they're not even close.

SGL rifles have several military features that are extremely difficult/expensive, or nearly impossible for any gunsmith to replicate in a post-production "sporter" Saiga rifle. From guaranteed factory magwell dimples, to a true mil-spec barrel/chamber, (that doesn't "step" cartridge necks), to a Russian bayo lug, properly threaded 24x1.5 RH threaded barrel, mil-spec safety lever, etc, etc, etc, "sporter" Saigas just don't compare. Some don't care about this, but many do.

So, many people who bought a RAAC "sporter" Saiga rifle back when that was all that was available from Izhmash, (that's been the case until fairly recently), and then put in the blood, sweat, and tears attempting to turn that "sporter" into the military rifle it was meant to be, are bitter that such a superior rifle, (for those who care about mil-spec features), is now available from Legion; via Arsenal. Imo, many of these people deride SGL's simply because they're pissed that they didn't buy one themselves. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 5