I do not like my Saiga 12

Well to put it short and simple..

I got one this summer. took it out once had nothing but Fail to eject. I first used the Winchester value packs 100 rounds from walmart..

none of the rounds ejected. To my frustrations I did some reading on this site. Bought a gas plug with the four settings, went to the federal value packs same thing. None of the rounds would eject.

I have no clue what to do with this thing, dumped all this money into a non-working POS. I'm Pretty disappointed in its performance. Almost debating on getting rapped by that one company that does some kinda of service for it, but i think their service is bs for some reason.

I just want this thing to work so i can get though a hole mag with out manual getting the fired round out.

Any clues why this would happen & any suggestion on ammo. I have to drive an 1.5 hours to get to my outdoor range, and it sucks when the whole reason to get out their does not work

These guns HATE winchester bulk packs.

Run 50-100 high brass rounds through it, then some remington or federal sport loads(bulk packs) through it and you should be ok.

if not RAAC(the importer) has a warentee with CGW that they will fix your gun free of charge to you(this is of course assuming you havn't made further modification to cause error)

CGW is a forum sponsor and thier contact information can be found easily from here.

I would suggest contacting Tom (Vankiller) or Ben (Bvamp) from Cadiz Gun Works for a warranty workover providing it hasn't been tampered or converted. It is also suggested to give a good break in with High Brass loads such as slugs or buckshot to help loosen the action up some.

Nailbomb you beat me

Edited by Superhawk138

no other mods, just new stock, gas plug and a rail system and a break of course.. only took it out twice once bone stock, performed like poop and then with the new gas plug, still performed like poop. I'm going to look into this warranty. thanks guys

Edited by Johny

What gas plug did you replace the stock one with? I can't imagine a stock S-12 that HASN'T been broken in handling a E-tac Magnum Twister puck. Also what gas setting were you using?

Its not about beating anyone, just helping out the new owner.

yeah.. it's a great shotgun, if your willing to fix the bugs.. and this forum has all you need to know.. I'd recommend reading a bit more before "hating" it. Also check your gas system for holes, make sure you have at least 3, if you do, theres stuff here about drilling them out..

And use different ammo.. Seriously.. Saigas HATE that crap, even good ones

Many guns do require a break-in period before they run smoothly, the S12 is certainly one of them.

It's well worth the trouble to get it running smoothly. It's very reliable once it's running right.

Check the number of gas ports before opening a warranty claim. If it has three ports you are good.

If only two ports, or some other obvious defect, then open the warranty claim.

Cadiz Gun Works is the authorized mfr. warranty center.

the gas plug i am using is the MD arms, i tied all of the settings on that plug and nothing. I called CGW and explained to them everything over the phone. They told me some Saiga's where bunk from the factory and they'll check it over for me.

Its basically bone stock. Cant wait to get this thing working right.

I greatly appreciate the fast responses from you guys. I'll let you know when my 12 is up to par. Thanks

And i will check the ports once i get home before i ship it out to them.

Edited by Johny

I can't believe this guy is willing to give up after trying to fire the two cheapest types of ammo through his gun. Durrr... Every poster here knows that almost every Saiga has a break-in period. I'd also think that reading this site would not only give him hope, but some great info about breaking in his Saiga. USE SOME 00 OR 0 BUCK SHOT TO BREAK IN YOUR GUN!!!! If that doesn't work you may have something to complain about and a possible warranty issue.

You could blast through several hundred rounds of buckshot, hoping things will "smooth out"...

or you could fix the gun right. Make sure it has enough gas and make sure the internals are not rough. You can DIY if you feel up to pressing off your gas block, or just send it in for warranty work. If your stock S-12 is undergassed, it's a warranty issue.

You could blast through several hundred rounds of buckshot, hoping things will "smooth out"...

or you could fix the gun right. Make sure it has enough gas and make sure the internals are not rough. You can DIY if you feel up to pressing off your gas block, or just send it in for warranty work. If your stock S-12 is undergassed, it's a warranty issue.

Or you might try to shoot at least 20+ rounds of buck through it to find out if the gun actually works before you complain about it.

"shoot at least 20+ rounds of buck through it"

trust me I've tried

"dont give up johnny.............it sure will bring a smile to ur face when it does go bang bang"

I still haven't giving up yet. I know that this will be my favorite if i can getting working.

trust me I've tried

"dont give up johnny.............it sure will bring a smile to ur face when it does go bang bang"

I still haven't giving up yet. I know that this will be my favorite if i can getting working.

Can't add anything to the advise you've gotten.

Cadiz will get the gun working...regardless of the cause. Then you'll love it...trust me.

My guns cycle Winchester 100 pack, although I don't know why you would want to. For less money, you can shoot Wally World Federal 25 packs for less than five bucks a box.

If you continue to have problems, PM me.

WS

trust me I've tried

So you've tried the buck shot, but you only posted about the Walmart and Federal Value Pack? So how does someone help a person who doesn't give all the information up front? Are we suppose to guess?

Ditto on the warranty repair. If it's still under warranty, let someone else fix it.

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied