Advice solicited on S12 parts choices

Hello,

If at all possible, please stay on topic.

This thread has already been moved to the fight club once.

I have ordered an S12 and pored over myriad posts here.

I have been spoiled by 1911 and airgun triggers, so I am putting a bit more emphasis on trigger pull feel than most. Also, I really like the Hogue grips on other firearms, so I am think of sticking to that.

But, I am new to Saiga's....

A vendor has a good price on the Red Star adj trigger group.

Any suggestions before I order would be appreciated.

Looking at these for this order:

Model: 319 Adjmiltrigger Red Star Arms #574

Model: 624 Hogue AK Monogrip #842

Model: 832 Saiga Trig Grd Kit AK-47 Saiga 12 Gauge Pistol Grip Conversion Parts #831

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/images/large/saiga12gpg_LRG.jpg

Model: 316 SCR Lever AK47 Shepherd's Crook Replacement Red Star Arms #238

And these for other orders:

Gunfixers Improved Gas Plug

TwisterPuc (Standard) Gas Piston

And then I will try to understand the difference between all the folding stocks available.

i have never used the red star adj trigger but i do know that my tromix modded g2 single hook has such a crisp and light break that i get excited everytime i shoot i personally think it rivals some of the nicer bolt actions stock pull. I have heard that some trigger groups require grinding thats why i went with tonys.

Edited by big lumber

I have a red star arms trigger on my x39 "Barry", Its a great trigger once you get it dialed in, but IMHO its overkill on a shotgun.

I think you would be better suited with a smoothed out single pull on a shotgun. Tromix, and Cobra both have modified FCGs for sale.

I would also recomend getting a plate to hold them in, I'm not big on the springs to hold everything in place. PITFA. It will require modification to your saftey and probably your BHO to get the most out of it though.

Edited by Nailbomb

The things I PMed you about are important. It would be nice to hear back from you on the subject, as I still have more to say about a few things. Sorry about what happened to your other thread. That wasn't my doing.

• Like 1

I would suggest you save the money, and go with a tapco double hook trigger, and polish all the mating surfaces. it requires a little more work to install than a single hook, but you get a real nice feel to the trigger in the end.

• Like 1

I will put my polished Tapco G2 Modified SRT against any Red Star adjustable FCG out there!

Also all the Allen screws on the Red Star are prone to movement under fire. If they move the wrong way your firearm will become inoperative. If your firearm is just a range-toy, no big deal. But if it has to work, I say that a modified G2 is a better way to go. It will just take longer to set up.

• Like 1

Rats....

How crazy is it to get both the 2 spring Tapco and the red star adjustable?

I can see what I can do with the Tapco and then take my time with the adjustable.

Any down side but the price of the adjustable?

as noted some users have noted shift in the adjustment alan screws found in the red star FCG. I personaly havn't noticed any problems once properly adjusted.

as insurance you could record the turns in it takes for ideal settings and red lock tight them.

I'm with Azrial. Same thing I always say when people say their RSA is better than a G-2. I'll put any one of my personal tuned triggers up against an RSA. The FSE in my Black Widow is so sweet nothing can touch it. Same goes with the Texas Trigger I just put in my buddy's S-12 and showed him how to do it.

And I can take any G-2 and make it just as sweet as the finest tuned RSA...all of these will STAY the way I put them in the gun too (or at least for a long time til the steel itself may start to wear...), without having to use thread lockers or glue.

• Like 1

I have the adjustable RSA trigger on a PSL and its pretty awesome right out of the box, tweak it a little and its better, tweak it too much and you cant use your safety... The only difference I can tell between the 2 is the release on the RSA is maybe just a touch more consistent. But the triggers do have a different feel to them.

But I'm with these guys a polished G2 is pretty hard to beat, esp on a shotgun. The G2 is on everyone of my Kalashnikovs other than the psl

Either choice you wont be disappointed, they will both give you a long service life and have as good of a trigger pull you need for a shotgun.

Buy both and form your own opinion, most other adjustable triggers on the market are $300 like the Geiselle I have in my AR-15, so for me justifying the RSA purchase wasn't hard.

JMac