Anyone Heard from Marko?

After following all of the excitement, I decided to send a order to Marko (for Saiga-12 8 round magazines, obviously) using Paypal.

This is kind of like trying to date a good looking girl who is not interested in you.

No wonder this is like deja vu......

story of my life! LOL :lolol:

Hello all!!

This is Marko 'FinnSaiga' and like you can see from my nick I have not been able to open my original FinnSaiga account.. :(

I have been "quite" a busy lately and it has taken ages from me to answer your emails, I AM VERY SORRY ABOUT THAT FOLKS, PLEASE ACCEPT MY HUMBLE APOLOGY :unsure::angel:

I have been gone from this forum also but now my workload is little less and I try to be more active here also... ^_^

But now some update:

We didn't receive these 8-round magazines in 9th, we didn't receive them in 14th, we didn't receive them in.... you get the picture?!

But We received a small amout of these Saiga-12 8-round magazines in thursday, 24th of march. Unfortunately we received only about 25% of the magazines we had ordered and I sent them first come, first served basis and they are now sold out. I will get more magazines in about one or two weeks and I am sure that we will get you all the mags. you have ordered!

I am very sorry about this delay and I feel very bad about this situation. I am trying very hard to get these magazines from our supplier in russia but he hasn't delivered them as he has promised.

I hope you all understand that we are in a mercy of our supplier and there is very little I can do to speed up his actions.

Thank you all,

Marko aka FinnSaiga

I received this email from Marko today:

We finally got some saiga-12 magazines on thursday 24th of march and on that

day I sent you the three magazines you had ordered.

They should arrive in about two weeks, sometimes it can take up to 4 weeks

to arrive.

I am sorry about the delay.

Thanks,

Marko

I paid via Paypal on 3/1/05, so you can judge your shipment dates accordingly.

Never doubted he would come through. :zorro:

54 euros? i think that is what i got charged? but i swear he is quoting even less now.....but someone else may want to back that statement as i don't remember.

54 euros is the most i've seen though......

edit-and ebay prices on saiga mags are going down!-edit

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

Thanks for that update Marko.

This is kind of like trying to date a good looking girl who is not interested in you.

Nice analogy... really hit home. Just make sure when she changes her mind that you tell her to "get fucked". That feels almost better than sex.

The last 2 mags (8) were sold on ebay for $150 and about $130.

So i find it hard to believe he will sell them for less than $100 .

It's all economics.

Lets assume that he gets them 100 at a time. If you put 100 of them on ebay, they would sell for around $30 each. If you put them on ebay one at a time, it would take a year to sell 100. If they weren't being made anymore, that would be what he would do. But they are being pumped out of a factory at the rate of 1000+ per day as we speak.

I would be curious to know what his cost is on them. I would be surprised if it was over $20. So at $80 he is doing ok. Lets see, 100 mags per month at $60 profit each, thats 6 grrrrr per month. :dollar:

The price for Saiga-12 8-round magazines is 54 euros each. It has been this all the time in our company.

Cobra 76 two wrote:

Dodge that 40 euros quote was for your 30 rd 7.62 mags. 8 round S12's are 54 euros.

This is correct :)

And for the price we get from the Ishmash factory, it is much higher than $20.00 per piece. So, we are not getting rich with these Saiga-12 magazines :lol:

So, now you must be surprised 'pedal2alloy' :lolol:

FinnSaiga

Edited by FinnS 2nd try

Any chance you can get me an Izmash ak74/ak100 bayonet Marko? I know it would have to be de-activated per Russian exportation regulations, but I have a Bulgarian Bayonet to substitute parts with. Is that a possibility to try and order one of those from them during your dealings?

Thanks

Dodge wrote:

Any chance you can get me an Izmash ak74/ak100 bayonet Marko? I know it would have to be de-activated per Russian exportation regulations, but I have a Bulgarian Bayonet to substitute parts with. Is that a possibility to try and order one of those from them during your dealings?

I will ask about these bayonets next week, can't say for sure what they will say about them... but I can always ask!

FinnSaiga

I paid $85 shipped for my 8rd mag. I recomend the priority mail as the economy mail sucks. The wait is killing me.

FREE

54 euros? i think that is what i got charged? but i swear he is quoting even less now.....but someone else may want to back that statement as i don't remember.

54 euros is the most i've seen though......

edit-and ebay prices on saiga mags are going down!-edit

PRIORITY FUCKING ROCKS! :super::super:

AND SO DOES MARKO!!!! :super::super:

I just got another package from them today.....

Sent March 24th.

Arrived March 28th!!!!!!!!

4 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Shit!!!!!

lol

Costs alot. But Priority is crazy fast.

And Marko...Thanks Again. You can have my money. :smoke:

And for the price we get from the Ishmash factory, it is much higher than $20.00 per piece. So, we are not getting rich with these Saiga-12 magazines  :lol:

So, now you must be surprised 'pedal2alloy'  :lolol:

FinnSaiga

Yes, I am surprised FinnS, sorry to accuse you of anything because you deserve what you get and you are a hero. (Excuse me while I remove foot from mouth)

But if you look at he economics of this, someone is getting rich and it's the factory. It doesn't look like a very expensive item to produce, especially in the quantities that they churn out. I don't think that they pay too much for labor, so how much could it cost to produce a mag, $5? It looks like there is some profit margin in there. :eek:

Yes, I am surprised FinnS, sorry to accuse you of anything because you deserve what you get and you are a hero.  (Excuse me while I remove foot from mouth)

But if you look at he economics of this, someone is getting rich and it's the factory.  It doesn't look like a very expensive item to produce, especially in the quantities that they churn out.  I don't think that they pay too much for labor, so how much could it cost to produce a mag, $5?  It looks like there is some profit margin in there.    :eek:

Christ, I hate giving Ec 101 lessons on the internet, but for some reason, I just can't let shit like this stand.

This little magazine that has $1 worth of polymer was built on a machine that cost $XX,XXX, using dies that cost $X,XXX, in a building that cost $XXX,XXX.

The monthly payroll is $X,XXX, the insurance is $X,XXX and the other operating expenses are $XX,XXX.

Now, I understand that the operating model in Russia is a good bit different than it is here in the US, but to suggest that a product is an exercise that doesn't exceed the sum of it's materials means you are a nitwit that should do more listening than talking.

Also, i'll never understand why people seem to bitch about "profit". Welcome to the real world, little boy.

If you think that they are doing too much "profit taking", then start making Saiga magazines and take some of this profit for yourself.

Until that time, understand that even if the whole thing cost them .01 cent to make and they sell them for $100 each, that's the way things are.

No one owes you anything. It is your job as a consumer to pay as little as you have to and it is their job as a seller to get you for as much money as they can.

Ready, set, go- welcome to the real world. :super:

Man you make me mad!!!!

I ordered one on 27 Feb and still have not received it.

How much was priority mail? As I sure as hell will use it next time.

FREE

PRIORITY FUCKING ROCKS! :super:  :super:

AND SO DOES MARKO!!!! :super:  :super:

I just got another package from them today.....

Sent March 24th.

Arrived March 28th!!!!!!!!

4 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Shit!!!!!

lol

Costs alot. But Priority is crazy fast.

And Marko...Thanks Again. You can have my money.  :smoke:

Christ, I hate giving Ec 101 lessons on the internet, but for some reason, I just can't let shit like this stand.

This little magazine that has $1 worth of polymer was built on a machine that cost $XX,XXX, using dies that cost $X,XXX, in a building that cost $XXX,XXX.

The monthly payroll is $X,XXX, the insurance is $X,XXX and the other operating expenses are $XX,XXX.

Now, I understand that the operating model in Russia is a good bit different than it is here in the US, but to suggest that a product is an exercise that doesn't exceed the sum of it's materials means you are a nitwit that should do more listening than talking.

Also, i'll never understand why people seem to bitch about "profit". Welcome to the real world, little boy.

If you think that they are doing too much "profit taking", then start making Saiga magazines and take some of this profit for yourself.

Until that time, understand that even if the whole thing cost them .01 cent to make and they sell them for $100 each, that's the way things are.

No one owes you anything. It is your job as a consumer to pay as little as you have to and it is their job as a seller to get you for as much money as they can.

Ready, set, go- welcome to the real world.  :super:

Like I said, Marko is the hero and deserves what ever the market will bear, which is quite a bit. Also, I appreciate the economics lesson because without this forum, I would not know anything (living in my fantasy land). Particularly interesting was how everything costs "X" dollars in the "real world" and how 10 cents worth of polymer costs "$1" :rolleyes: Very informative. :rolleyes:

But without the scarcity, the price would be tied more closely to the factors that you mentioned - cost of production, overhead, etc, which is most certainly under $5 taking into account a production run that is probably over half a million mags by now. When supplies increase, (which will happen at some point in the future), an 8 round mag will sell for $20. I'm surprised that I have to remind a smart guy like mac-oozie :haha: that CDNN was selling the 5 rounder for $12 all day long and for a few years. That would put the production cost at $3. CDNN's price for an 8 rounder under the same supply conditions would be $14 (with everyones profit intact and un-bitched)

:super:

Man you make me mad!!!!

FREE

I ordered somewhere like 2/24 so don't feel bad. Word is that they are in the mail as of Tuesday.

I better have it this week as I was told it was shipped on 2 mar 05.

FREE

Man you make me mad!!!!

FREE

I ordered somewhere like 2/24 so don't feel bad. Word is that they are in the mail as of Tuesday.