Tell me about triggers

Ok so I have been looking at parts for my conversion and while I was at a forum vendor I came across tromix triggers and another company cant remember the name. Anyway they said they were arleady trimmed down, now in the conversion thread I read and videos I watched I didnt see anything about having to trim the triggers to fit. What am I missing here do I need to trim the assembly so it will fit from a single hook tapco trigger if I buy it?

Ok so I have been looking at parts for my conversion and while I was at a forum vendor I came across tromix triggers and another company cant remember the name. Anyway they said they were arleady trimmed down, now in the conversion thread I read and videos I watched I didnt see anything about having to trim the triggers to fit. What am I missing here do I need to trim the assembly so it will fit from a single hook tapco trigger if I buy it?

If you don't do conversions regularly, the Tromix drop in group is a simple straight forward solution that will get you where you want to go with a minimum of effort. Depending upon the source the FCG is $10 to $20 more than the generic FCG, but you will not have to do things like trim the right side of the hammer, and remove metal above the hammer axis. You will also not have to tear apart the factory trigger group to get the disconnector spring which is not included with the stock Tapco G2 group.

The trigger portion of the Tromix modified FCG is truly drop in. Just make sure you have installed your trigger guard first.

You CAN do the mods yourself, but if your time is more important to you than the minimal expense involved - go for the low hanging fruit.

Good luck!

WS

Thanks I think I'll just pick the low hanging fruit in this case lol I would like to simplify my first conversion as much as possible it always helps build the confidence level for the next one

This being your first conversion, I promise you'll have plenty to swear about. No reason to make it more painful than it has to be;)

Once again, good luck with your project, and much success.

WS

It is a 7.62x39 :killer:

I think WS assumed you were talking about an S12.

If you're converting a x39, you can just buy a regular unmodified G2 for about $30 and it will be a direct drop-in for your Saiga. No mods needed. If money is a concern, I'd recommend going that route.

If not, then of course you can't go wrong with anything from Tromix.

• Like 1

Well if you got a dremel tool to do the conversion (or borrow one) you can get the std. G2 single-hook and drop it in.

Later you can take the hammer back out and grind the 1/8" for the BHO to squeeze back in (if you want).

Save the $20-30. I ordered all my stuff from CSS and was VERY happy. Order a new disconnect spring for $1-2 also and assemble it and then just drop it all in.

Good luck and congrats.

Well if you got a dremel tool to do the conversion (or borrow one) you can get the std. G2 single-hook and drop it in.

Later you can take the hammer back out and grind the 1/8" for the BHO to squeeze back in (if you want).

You don't need to grind anything to drop-in a standard G2 into a converted x39. Just wanted to clear that up, as your first line implies he would need a dremel to use a standard G2 with his x39. Just trying to keep things clear for the OP.

But like you said, if he wants to re-install the BHO (nowhere near as useful, as it is in the S12, IMO) then yes, he'd have to shave a little off the side for fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just ordered my first saiga yesterday and will be converting it as soon as it gets here :super:

Going to order a G2 FCG...Is that all I need? What's a BHO?

What model Saiga did you order?

You don't necessarily need a Bolt Hold Open on a 7.62. It's a matter of personal preference. If you choose to have one (most don't), you will need to take off about 3mm from the BHO side of the hammer axis. A G2 FCG should drop in just fine.

Good luck!

WS

Awesome. Thanks, man. So the BHO holds the bolt open after the last round in the clip is fired?

Well, that depends. The Saiga BHO is manual, so you have to push up on the tab in order to engage the BHO. It doesn't engage automatically.

It's handy on an S12 because the gun is easier to load the mag with the bolt open. On a 7.62, it shouldn't make any difference. Some ranges require the bolt to be open when the range is cold, or for other reasons -- so it may be handy for that purpose.

WS