Im trying to track down a VERY old gun

My father has a .22 rifle that belonged to his grandfather. The barrel reads Page & lewis arms company "springfield jr model 50" I cannot find any serial number on the rifle. The rifle is missing the bolt. My father says when he got the rifle handed down to him the bolt was allready missing and he just never could find a replacement. So im trying to track down parts and what not. I cannot find anything, only history on the company that no longer exists. I have ask gun smiths in the area and town over but none of them has been any help or is willing to help.

So anyone that might know somthing about the rifle or where i could find a part or somone willing to make the part it would be awesome! did not know where else to post this hope this section works.

Sorry the description is kinda vague ill post a picture later it might help, I still dont know much about the rifle either. Just kinda wanted to maybe restore it for memorabilia sake.

Edited by chevyman097

Trying to track down parts for a very old gun, especially a bolt, from a defunct manufacturer is nearly impossible. Your best bet, as Gas Giant suggested, would be to buy another gun and use those parts for your heirloom.

I can relate. I'm currently trying to find a couple of parts to help Racegal's mother out with restoring an old .22 that was her father's rifle as a kid. You may want to check with Numrich Gun Parts in NY. They have a very good selection of gun parts for a wide variety.

Or if that one on GB is the same model it may be a good idea to snap that up! Good find.

I can relate. I'm currently trying to find a couple of parts to help Racegal's mother out with restoring an old .22 that was her father's rifle as a kid. You may want to check with Numrich Gun Parts in NY. They have a very good selection of gun parts for a wide variety.

Or if that one on GB is the same model it may be a good idea to snap that up! Good find.

My gunsmith friend with over thirty years experience is not a big fan of Numrich as many of their replacement parts are aftermarket and he's found most of them do not actually fit as they are supposed to and are worthless.

Checked Numrich, all they have for that rifle is overpriced barrels.

I've had both good and bad experiences with that company. I've purchased a few C-96 stripper clips, an Alkartasuna Ruby magazine, and a few other obscure odds and ends, and they were original items, exactly as described. On the other hand, I purchased an item described as a "late war" P38 parts kit, and received a post-war kit with the wrong goddamn grips. They insisted the description was accurate, and offered to give me a refund if I paid for return shipping. I needed other parts from the kit to restore my pistol, so I kept the kit and a slight grudge against the company. Had they simply fixed their ad copy, I'd not be so pissed.

• Like 1

I have a springfield 15 my father handed down to me. was his first gun when he was a kid, and it also came without a bolt. I have no idea what bolt was used, but it had to be modded slightly by a gunsmith way back when to work with my gun. it also has the straight pull knob on the rear of the bolt to cock it.

As for Numrich - I used to live 20 minutes away from there, and I say it every time I see it brought up. If you had plans that day DO NOT WALK IN THERE. YOU WONT BE ABLE TO LEAVE LOL. They have all kinds of crap that isnt in their catalogs.....

im tempted to let you BORROW the bolt out of my gun, just to see if it will work for you.....

• 1 month later...