stock trigger group

Bump...

I've been looking for something of this sort for a long time but there aren't too many people out there who want it... ie: most just do the full conversion.

I have gotten used to my funky up pulling trigger but would really appreciate it and would pay a premium for a trigger group that could be dropped in for a non converted S-308. I know we have been through this before but anybody willing to see if its possible or make it happen?

Cut the finger off a Tapco G2. You can then insert it without conversion. needlenose pliers to remove the retainer spring, pop the trigger/hammer pins and replace the parts/reverse. It improves the tirgger real well. ergonomics are still a bit better witht he full conversion but hey, a better trigger is still nice.

Cut the finger off a Tapco G2. You can then insert it without conversion. needlenose pliers to remove the retainer spring, pop the trigger/hammer pins and replace the parts/reverse. It improves the tirgger real well. ergonomics are still a bit better witht he full conversion but hey, a better trigger is still nice.

We must speek more of this when im not drunk! Thanks you kindly sire.

thanks for the info ,i will check old threads for some detailed pictures

thanks for the info ,i will check old threads for some detailed pictures

I'm trying something similar with my S12. I've been searching some old threads with some info or pics with no avail. Let me know if you do find something , any help is appreciated.

i just finished my wood furniture from brg3,i am looking for a better trigger group without converting it,any info would be appreciated.

Whoops, too late. If you want a better trigger, the best option is to put it where it's supposed to go.

Well, if nobody can find a thread about this I'll go out on a limb and buy the trigger group and see what I can come up with. I am somewhat used to this whacky upward pull but going back and forth between weapons is really awkward. So, let me know if you find the golden thread so I don't need to be doing guess work. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Did you end finding anything or modding the aftermarket trigger yourself?

I have a 308 that is nicely broken in, but I can't get groups cause of the crappy stock trigger.

I have replaced the dinky montecarlo stock with one of the factory skeleton models and I really like the way it fits with the cheek rest.

But the trigger is LAME.

Actually, I contacted Dinzag Arms about it a couple days ago. It is possible, but would be quite expensive and you would end up with the same awkward pull. It seems all the people who say just convert are right and from what I hear the S308 is the easiest of all to convert. Mine already has a PG nut hole in it so I already have one less step. With that stock you have there really aren't any options for you because there is no way to use it if you convert, bummer, eh?

Edit: In the picture to the left, the second from the left is an S410 with that stock. It just won't work on converted Saiga's due to the fact the trigger gets moved forward quite a bit. I mean, technically you could still have it on but you would need a super long trigger finger. The one all the way to the left in the picture is an S308 with a DPH stock with an adapter block, I can reuse that when I convert and just throw away/sell the adapter...

Edited by ThirtyAughtSix

Thanks for the quick reply!

Seems to be the consensus I get too...

Anyone want to buy a factory skeleton stock :P ?

Maybe when I get my 5.45, I'm hoping the trigger on it is like the trigger on my S410, I don't mind it at all with the skeletonized stock, it actually feels good. Soooo... When the change jar gets up to $400, I'll shoot you a PM, maybe earlier if I raid my safe deposit box (I'm trying very hard not to, that's for emergencies only, but I think owning a 3rd Saiga is some sort of an emergency, right?!?).

EDIT: Also, I live an AWB state so not having a pistol grip would allow me to have a flash suppressor, grenade launcher, telescoping/folding stock or bayonet lug!! I think I'll go with the grenade launcher, I wonder how they'd like that at the range...

Edited by ThirtyAughtSix

When I first got my .308 I did't plan on converting it. I have done trigger jobs on just about any firearm you can think of and I tried to do a trigger job on the stock Saiga trigger. After stoning the stock trigger on the .308 it still felt like crap, so I finally just did the conversion and never looked back. I stoned the Tapco G2 trigger I put in my rifle and it came out great. Almost like a good 2-stage trigger. It's so easy to convert these things and it makes a world of difference.