A bit heavy on the social commentary for me....

Cat food=heroin, ect.....

I didn't see it as social commentary, (interactions between different groups of people), but rather as inter-species commentary.. more specifically, how humans would possibly react to extraterrestrials that couldn't immediately exterminate/enslave us.

We are an aggressive species that has a natural fear/hatred of that which is alien. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. On the contrary, this is as it should be. I'd be right there alongside the other MNU enforcers, making sure those bastard prawns didn't get out of line :killer:

I think, in the scenario the movie portrayed, humans would act just that way. We would dominate and seek to use the aliens for our own interests, (once they proved incompetent and easy to bribe with cheap shit). There's nothing wrong with that. It'd be in our own species' self-interest.

Anyway, it was a very original movie imo and I really enjoyed it.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

The wife and I just watched it yesterday. We kept waiting for it to get better...it never did. This movie SUCKS! What plot it has is riddled with inconsistencies and illogic. I wish I could un-watch it.

Did you actually WATCH the movie?!?!? :lol: LOL

Because they happened to NEED FUEL to get it to fly.. the black liquid...It was 20 years worth of "whatever it was" to get that much fluid... they put it into the cylindrical fuel cell... which also happened to be the same fuel cell that sprayed the human that turned into a praun...

Had they come a week later to serve eviction notices... all the praun would have been gone, and it would have made for a VERY BORING movie.

:smoke:

Yes, smartass, we watched it. It SUCKED.

Indy was responding to the poster above you (the one who slept through the whole movie)

A comparison of your post's and Indy's post's time stamps shows you both hit "Submit post" at about the same time.

Edited by nalioth

I didnt like D9, the ending was wholly unsatisfying, and there were too many story developments that were just ignored. As far as social commentary, it was definately there, though i dont have a problem with that. The eyecandy was ok, but really, is that a reason to watch a movie anymore?

^^^This guy made this on his home PC in his spare time, no blood and guts, but it shows whats possible, well. I really doubt a multimillion dollar film budget is justified for a big pile of weakly tied together cg anymore.

Edited by ReverendFranz

i saw it in the theater. gave me the same cheesey feeling i got from watching Starship Troopers, with less hot chicks.

to each their own.

Did you understand that Starship Troopers, like RoboCop, was directed by Paul Verhoeven, whose trademark is over the top violence? This is kind of like criticizing a Quentin Tarantino film for having a non-sequential storyline.

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 2

Because they happened to NEED FUEL to get it to fly.. the black liquid...It was 20 years worth of "whatever it was" to get that much fluid... they put it into the cylindrical fuel cell... which also happened to be the same fuel cell that sprayed the human that turned into a praun...

Had they come a week later to serve eviction notices... all the praun would have been gone, and it would have made for a VERY BORING movie.

Fook ya I watched it. It was alright, could have used some boobies though...

Anyway, the black fluid(fuel). If it was so important why did it just fall off the bottom of their ship? Were they just flying along and it fell off? The fuel was not from earth, it was alien.

RalphXL

Fook ya I watched it. It was alright, could have used some boobies though...

Anyway, the black fluid(fuel). If it was so important why did it just fall off the bottom of their ship? Were they just flying along and it fell off? The fuel was not from earth, it was alien.

RalphXL

The "black fluid" powered their technology.

The scientist prawn was searching junk yards for alien technology (to drain the dregs of the 'black fluid') for 2 decades to find enough to get his buried ship enough power to get back to the mother ship.

and the Moral of the story is... don't spill "Bio" fules on yourself or you turn into a democrat!!!

HA!.... there's your social commentary!!!!

When will Peter Jackson quit screwing around and make The Hobbit? D9 could have been so much, so very much better. I do not understand why the aliens did not use their weapons... that we clearly wanted... for leverage for a better life. At the very least, the Nigerians would have/could have incorporated a few prawn into their little gang. And, am I the only one who feels like D9 ineffectively plagarized Half-Life 2?