Bullpup Kit

After months and months of looking, I finally found a bullpup stock for an AK that is available for purchase :super: . Has anyone used one of these before? If so, how is the feel on them? Would it be worth it to convert my S308 or should I just buy a x39 and convert that? Decisions, decisions....

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/images/view.aspx?productId=1094

Edited by DrGonZo
REMOVE LINK, NON-BUSINESS MEMBER

Kits are nice but you could do it custom your self for less than that, and MUCH nicer than the feel of a bunch of plastic. I think that Cobra76Two has some of the nicest bullpups on here, and as far as I know he doesn't use any kits.

There is a member on here that built a bullpup on the Saiga .308 platform. Here's the thread http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=47416 it looks like the same kit you want to use minus the stock.

I almost went this route when I wanted to bullpup my S12, glad I didn't though. If you can work with sheet metal you can customize the Saiga platform pretty easily, since it's a pretty forgiving design.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I really want the kit for the grip/FCG, linkage and butt plate. I talked to Brian at Dinzag about permanently attaching a rail to my gas tube for the scope mount and I would use a barrel clamp rail to attach a vertical fore grip.

For $169 plus shipping, its a LOT cheaper than the $1100 quote I got from someone to bullpup a customer supplied rifle. Doing the work myself is a learning experience :super: and a huge savings :haha: over the (in my opinion) ridiculous quote :ded:

Edited by DrGonZo
REMOVE LINK, NON-BUSINESS MEMBER

After months and months of looking, I finally found a bullpup stock for an AK that is available for purchase :super: . Has anyone used one of these before? If so, how is the feel on them? Would it be worth it to convert my S308 or should I just buy a x39 and convert that? Decisions, decisions....

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/images/view.aspx?productId=1094

Here's a pic of it on an S-12 w/o sights. The kit is a good start but YARP has it right, you can do better if you have any ability. The second pic is of the same S-12 with personal mods to the kit. I'm currently working on my own kit that should be relatively Saiga universal. Now if I can ever get time to actually get it done, lol.

Mikel

post-15573-12629715616773_thumb.jpg

post-15573-12629716228361_thumb.jpg

I went the Saiganov route with my .308.

But I did use that same kit for my .223 Saiga:

Bullpup004.jpg

That is the look that I'm going for. I think that I'm just going to buy a 20" x39 and bullpup that for now and go forward with my Magpul precision shooting stock for my 308, although I think a 22" 308 with a magwell adapter to take AR10 mags would be ideal. I just have this vision of a nice compact bullpup sniper(ish) rifle. A man can dream can't he? Maybe one day I'll buy another 22" S308 and and see my dreams to fruition. :smoke:

How much did that conversion run you and how is the linkage? Did you stick with the stock cable or did you go the bike cable route? I really like the custom tri-union rail you got there. I think for the 308 I would need the optics mounted farther forward to accommodate for a longer scope.

Edited by DrGonZo

That is the look that I'm going for. I think that I'm just going to buy a 20" x39 and bullpup that for now and go forward with my Magpul precision shooting stock for my 308, although I think a 22" 308 with a magwell adapter to take AR10 mags would be ideal. I just have this vision of a nice compact bullpup sniper(ish) rifle. A man can dream can't he? Maybe one day I'll buy another 22" S308 and and see my dreams to fruition. :smoke:

How much did that conversion run you and how is the linkage? Did you stick with the stock cable or did you go the bike cable route? I really like the custom tri-union rail you got there. I think for the 308 I would need the optics mounted farther forward to accommodate for a longer scope.

That is a Red Jacket original.

Will cleaned up the cable that came with it.

It is still stiff, but real smooth.

We went with rails for several reasons.

First off, the piece that comes with the kit to attach to the FSB is absolutely horrid!

So the kit screams for optics instead of irons.

And then it does clean it up quite a bit with rails.

That setup there is a bit more because it has Red Jacket's AR magwell on it.

The is no such thing as Saiga 308 magwell adapter to take AR10 mags.

Did I ruin your dream? :devil:

Nope :haha: , go check out the red jacket page. They apparently have one "in the works" :super: . At least that's what their web page says.

Nope :haha: , go check out the red jacket page. They apparently have one "in the works" :super: . At least that's what their web page says.

The talking about this adapter has been on for over a year. Unfortunately, due to the magazine dimensions, it is impossible to create a simple add-on adapter (kind of the one for 223). It would take adapter plus extensive modification to the rifle itself - receiver and front trunion. Yep, the 2 most critical parts. And that is not a joke in terms of safety when you grind trunion locking latches.

Who much would this thing cost? Maybe $200 for the adapter itself and another $200 to get it machned, the milling/grinding. For this kind of money you can get low end AR10 or mid level FAL. Both AR10 and FAL will be more accurate than your/mine Saiga 308. Do you math...

The talking about this adapter has been on for over a year. Unfortunately, due to the magazine dimensions, it is impossible to create a simple add-on adapter (kind of the one for 223). It would take adapter plus extensive modification to the rifle itself - receiver and front trunion. Yep, the 2 most critical parts. And that is not a joke in terms of safety when you grind trunion locking latches.

Who much would this thing cost? Maybe $200 for the adapter itself and another $200 to get it machned, the milling/grinding. For this kind of money you can get low end AR10 or mid level FAL. Both AR10 and FAL will be more accurate than your/mine Saiga 308. Do you math...

Until I can get an AR10 with a gas piston for a reasonable price, I'm sticking with my baby. And like I said, I'm more than likely going with the x39 bullpup. I'm still dreaming even though my dreams are expensive as hell. So, until I win the lottery (which I never play) it seems my 308 pup will stay a dream (for me) :ded: .

Dancing Bear, is there any way you could post some pics of the linkage on your rifle?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...