Tapco AK stock....is it internally hollow or solid?

I too would like to know who makes a solid stock. Its the first thing I noticed the first time I ever touched a saiga. I threw up a little in my mouth and then walked out of the gun store just to make sure I hadn't accidentally walk into a toys'r'us. My VEPR has a solid stock. Sure it weighs a pound or so by itself, but I don't care. That's how modern, well built things should be.

I too would like to know who makes a solid stock. Its the first thing I noticed the first time I ever touched a saiga. I threw up a little in my mouth and then walked out of the gun store just to make sure I hadn't accidentally walk into a toys'r'us. My VEPR has a solid stock. Sure it weighs a pound or so by itself, but I don't care. That's how modern, well built things should be.

The Tapco stock feels much more sturdy than the factory toy feeling stock. Likely more wall thickness but I never measured it. I wanted to post pictures of mine from when I was fitting the limbsaver but it seems those pictures were lost when the site switched and started the gallery.

The Tapco stock feels much more sturdy than the factory toy feeling stock. Likely more wall thickness but I never measured it. I wanted to post pictures of mine from when I was fitting the limbsaver but it seems those pictures were lost when the site switched and started the gallery.

I have no doubt that the Tapco feels better than the original plastic stock. The ones that comes with the Saiga truly feels like a toy. Same case as the stock that came with my Savage 10, that thing was gone as soon as I got the rifle.

I was only wondering because I needed something solid to make mods to.

We're talking about the Tapco "AK" stock here and not the Tapco T-6, right?

Assuming you're just looking for a US-made poly AK stock and not a collapsible model like the T-6, my advice is to go with K-Var furniture. It's solid, and extremely durable.

Edited by post-apocalyptic