Intrafuse Saiga Handguard treasure or trash?

How well does this compare to other aftermarket handguards or the factory one?

It looks like it's made of that tough plastic the choate stocks are made of but I have only seen pictures and not held one yet.

How does it rest against the barrel at the front where does it contact against?

Edited by my762buzz

Thick piece of plastic BLOCK to mount to the bbl. Shot 160 rounds in 1 hour with NO affects to it.

May try the 308 'BLOCK' that comes with it and heat wrap that portion 'BLOCK' to prevent what chevyman had happen to his.

I havve the OD color one with black rails. 027.gif Me like it thus far.

Im not dissing tapco products by all means, I use other products from them, I just think they designed this one poorly. They could have put a little more time into it and added some kind of heat shield. I think for the money you can spend 20 more bucks and get somthing that will take the abuse an AK47 can take.

Yes your ak is not a full auto, but lets be honest. This rifle is built to take ALOT of abuse. Now do you want the products you put on it to be able to take abuse too? Im not saying you should abuse it on purpose either. Just somthing to think about before you make a decision.

• Like 1

Im not dissing tapco products by all means, I use other products from them, I just think they designed this one poorly. They could have put a little more time into it and added some kind of heat shield. I think for the money you can spend 20 more bucks and get somthing that will take the abuse an AK47 can take.

Yes your ak is not a full auto, but lets be honest. This rifle is built to take ALOT of abuse. Now do you want the products you put on it to be able to take abuse too? Im not saying you should abuse it on purpose either. Just somthing to think about before you make a decision.

Well damm. I thought I was the only one having bad luck. A melted handguard sucks.

mij39f.jpg

Ouch! man that sucks, so what type of hand gaurds are you looking for. Now that we both have bad luck with one.

I currently use the DPH aluminum tri rail I cant really give a review on it yet as I havnt shot the rifle with it on. I will tomarrow. I have it covered in rail covers other than my light and vertical. Ive heard alot of good reviews on it, will let you know how it goes under fire. I have also heard alot of good stuff about the surefires, they have a heat shield built into them. But anyways I dont know if you prefer the galil style or are looking for somthing cheaper but its somthing to think about.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-FOREARMS-HAND-GUARDS-cln-SAIGA-RIFLES/Categories

Ouch! man that sucks, so what type of hand gaurds are you looking for. Now that we both have bad luck with one.

I currently use the DPH aluminum tri rail I cant really give a review on it yet as I havnt shot the rifle with it on. I will tomarrow. I have it covered in rail covers other than my light and vertical. Ive heard alot of good reviews on it, will let you know how it goes under fire. I have also heard alot of good stuff about the surefires, they have a heat shield built into them. But anyways I dont know if you prefer the galil style or are looking for somthing cheaper but its somthing to think about.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-FOREARMS-HAND-GUARDS-cln-SAIGA-RIFLES/Categories

I am suppose to be getting a replacement retainer when I get around to sending it in.

I had ideas for another saiga and figured the intrafuse might work.

I do like the idea of an aluminum handguard for durability but hate the attachment rails.

I guess I might just keep the factory one on my next project.

Did your intrafuse help accuracy any?

No and actually it came loose after repeated shooting and I had to add locktight to the rear screw...then it melted. Im betting my accuracy will improve without it to be honest. I will see tomarrow.

• Like 1

Can't wait for your review on this one. does it comes with the ability to cover the rails? This seems to be the only down side of an other wise perfect weapon. Do you have any links on the surefire HG? I have a UTG but man is it bulky and i don't see a need for all those rail,so I haven't used it yet. The only things i plan to hang off the front is a flash light and maybe a fore grip at some point.

Plastic melting has been a issue for many users with a lack of trigger controll(I'm not saying I don't do it either!). Venting can help, as well as adding heat shields or insulating wrap. These are tinkerer guns and no one answer is right for everyone.

Get creative... or else...

smoke.jpg

http://store.carolin...FLES/Categories

Can't wait for your review on this one. does it comes with the ability to cover the rails? This seems to be the only down side of an other wise perfect weapon. Do you have any links on the surefire HG? I have a UTG but man is it bulky and i don't see a need for all those rail,so I haven't used it yet. The only things i plan to hang off the front is a flash light and maybe a fore grip at some point.

No it doenst come with rail covers, I picked up three packs of the magpul xtm rail covers. They snap on solid and feel very comftable. With the rial covers its a little bigger than most handgaurds but not too big, I dont have large hands either, so i imagine somone with larger hands wouldnt even notice. The rail is pretty expensive and some people dont like that, but I picked mine up used and saved a little. I think though for the price I will have no problems and it will solve all my problems.

• Like 1

chevyman thanks for the response. I like the idea of a slimmer HG thats why i like the feel of the stock HG. I really don't want to worry about the HG getting to hot to handle or melting at an importune time.

NailBomb Is that the surefire HG? "tinkerers gun" got to love it. Thats why i really enjoy these weapons but at the same time no real reason to reinvent the wheel so when some one has a product we all have questions about this forum serves as a great resource. keep on shooting.

chevyman thanks for the response. I like the idea of a slimmer HG thats why i like the feel of the stock HG. I really don't want to worry about the HG getting to hot to handle or melting at an importune time.

NailBomb Is that the surefire HG? "tinkerers gun" got to love it. Thats why i really enjoy these weapons but at the same time no real reason to reinvent the wheel so when some one has a product we all have questions about this forum serves as a great resource. keep on shooting.

Yes that is a surefire tri rail mounted in those pics... I also have pics of me making my AR smoke too... So heat shields arn't perfect either.