NEWS FLASH!! SAIGA 20 MAGS AT Tapco!

Damn!!..I was just about ta ask what S20 mags were worth when i saw this post...especially since i got 12 of em now... :eek:

Will the 3" mags handle 2.75" 20s??..& whats the deal with Saiga 2.5 mags??..I guess maybe i haven't bought very much 20 & 410 ga ammo lately...just buy a shit load of 12ga...

Isn't 2 3/4" still the most popular??...or what's the real info ??

Somebody brief me on the 20/410 ammo deal now on the S20s & S410s...purty pleeze??!!

Geeez!...It looks like I can still shoot all my S12s for a helluva lot cheaper than the smaller stuff,eh??... :rolleyes:

The 3" mags will not reliably feed a 2 3/4" round. It will work occationally, but what usually ends up happening is the round impales itself on the sharp points leading into the chamber. Dunno about the 410 stuff though.

I'm sure Tapco is a great company, but Tantal is just plain cool to deal with. Us Texas guys get screwed on Tax, but that ain't his fault. Still, $34 for 2 20Ga mags of my choice (2 3/4" in my case) shipped to my door can't be beat.

As far as ammo costs, I buy my stuff at about the same price as 12Ga. 20 and 12 are about equal in pricing for the cheap stuff. 410 is always more expensive, probably because it isn't as common a round.

Oh yal..I'm with ya on Doug Ford @ Tantal...I ordered some two rounders from em & he sent me 5 rounders because he sold all his 2 rounders to a dealer not knowing he was out when he accepted by order....{this was a 12 ga order,too..)..sent me a whole "INERDS" parts kit [bolt/carrier/dustcover/springs Firing pin etc/for a S12,too..& promised me a great deal when /if he gets anymore..

Gue4ss I gott'a let em know I got 410 & 20 stuff now ,too

So...about the 2.5" mags??..are they really 2 3/4" or what??....

Correct. 12s and 20s have the same "common" sizes. I've got a book with reloading information for a 2.5" 12ga and a 2" 20ga rounds, but those are for certain English shotguns only. The stuff you're going to be buying at Academy, Wally World, or CTD is going to be either 2 3/4" or 3" in 20ga.

• 1 month later...

my 3 inch s20 mags do handle 2 3/4 inch shells.

you turn the follower around backwards and it will cycle 2 3/4 shells flawlessly, at least mine does.

remember to just turn the follower around and not the whole spring and floorplate.

I tried reversing the follower last week end. It does not work for me. :ded:

Its a shame. Guess I will just have to learn to live with swapping mags.

I was amazed at the Tapco folding stock holding up to everything I threw at it. It feels flimsy, but seems to work. Not real comfortable with 3" slugs, though. :chris:

that sux grendal

both my 3 inch mags work flawlessly with the follower turned.

we shot the shit out of some skeet with em the other day. must have put a couple boxes through each one without a single flutter.

try using the winchester aa supersport hi velocity shells. they are the only ones that will work out of my 3 inch mags.

don't give up. it should work.