Started in the middle of the night Friday. I knew something was happening just did not know what.

Saturday, I was all day in the restroom, fever, chills, queasy, body aches, tired.

At 5:00 p.m. Saturday I was in the emergency room. Could not take it anymore. They started an IV and prescribed Promethazine for the nausea, Flagyl and Cipro for 7 days. (Not Tamaflu?) Doc said, just got to let the flu work through your body.

Monday I stopped the Promethazine for nausea and started taking Imodium to try to get some relief and more sleep. Promethazine and Imodium CANNOT be taken together.

By Tuesday I was thinking, in the back of my mind, if I was going to make it through this. Been drinking Ginger-ale, Gatorade mixed with water and very little food.

Today (wed) ate oatmeal. Seems like I am starting to feel a bit better. Only been in the restroom 4 times this morning.

My mom and dad had mild flu symptoms for 2 days. Both had been vaccinated for both flus and pneumonia.

Next year I will take all flu shots!

True flu is a respiratory virus and not usually accompanied by gastrointestinal symptoms. Also, a virus will not respond to antibiotics (Cipro and Flagyl.) The ER doc just shotgunned you with stuff you don't need and may actually cause diarrhea. Lay low, advance your diet slowly so when fluids are taken in they are no longer coming out the other end, and avoid dairy products until all's back to normal. Don't drink alcohol with the Flagyl or you might wind up heaving your guts out. Get well soon!

Ouch. Bummer man. I'm coming down with a pretty nasty head cold myself. Been feelin it come on for a few days but its kicked in full swing today.

Forget a vaccine for the flu. It's a waste of money. Forget massive medication too that shit is also a massive waste.

Instead REST. Stay warm, drink PLENTY of fluids, even if you are puking them up, you need the to keep replenishing your fluids. If you go 3+ days and are still puking your brains out or sick or your fever gets in that 104 scrambled brains level then go seek medical attention.

Edited by camon

Pardon the bad pun but shittay...my friends wife is a respitory theropist and says it doesn't matter what flu you have they can kill you if you are not careful...hope you have a speedy recovery...glad you got some food and liquids in ya...I like chicken noodle soup in case of a return...but oatmeal makes sense.

"True flu is a respiratory virus and not usually accompanied by gastrointestinal symptoms"

Actually, the H1N1 has an intestinal component. Often, you will have the symptoms the OP describes with this strain.

Anyway, glad to hear you're on the mend. The flu sucks...

"True flu is a respiratory virus and not usually accompanied by gastrointestinal symptoms"

Actually, the H1N1 has an intestinal component.

H1N1 is not your usual, 'true', yearly seasonal flu. Although possible, the majority of H1N1 patients do not experience GI symptoms.

That sucks, I had type 1 flu (h1n1 mutated from it) over the summer, it blew, I had never had a flu like that before...

For about three days I just turned on the tv and layed there with my eyes shut...

Then I had a nasty caugh for about two weeks after that...

I got a phone interview for a good job a few days after I was able to get out of bed, I was turned down because I did not sound interested... I still have noidea why I did not answer that with the fact I'm recovering from the flu... :ded:

flu sucks!