S12 dust cover

You're awesome man. I'll drop him a line and see what he has.

I've had a crap day for trying to aquire information, pricing and availability on stuff and services.

I'm trying to find someone who can professionally weld all the holes shut from the old FCG roll pins and the side scope mount rivets, weld on a new set of HK sights and then refinish the gun in flat black.

Edited by Keith120286

Or just fix what you have. That can be saved compleatly

I think it looks like shit now and I'm not sure having whats been done already will look uniform and smooth. I'd rather just start fresh.

I'm already nervous about how the front sight will look. I took the old one off and dremeled down the spot welds and it looks yuck.

My saiga is the best gun I've had and I have a hard time trying to find people to work on it. My money is as good as anyone elses.

Keith-

Go to:

http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/index.html

Scroll midway down the page to his Saiga-12 image, and he says that they have some replacement parts (including dust covers) in stock.

I think some other forum members have purchased some spare parts from them with no problem, so it may be worth a quick e-mail to see what he has...

BJB

post-2898-12649777512095_thumb.jpg

post-2898-12649777971705_thumb.jpg

post-2898-12649778372871_thumb.jpg

post-2898-12649778687395_thumb.jpg

Keith,

If you have any regular AK dust covers handy or can get your hands on one, it is possible to modify them with simple cuts to work with your S-12. I have numerous AKs, an S-20 and an S-12. I cut up a ribbed AK cover to work with my S-20 with a regular AK RSB and FSB. My S-12 I welded an RS onto the stock dust cover and FS on the gas block. I can interchange the dust covers for the shotguns AND the AKs but we all know that the shotguns won't cycle or eject with a regular AK cover so they have to be cut appropriately. Just copy the cut on your existing S-12 cover on a regular AK cover. The regular AK covers are fairly easy to get.

Good luck,

nyclu3

Edited by nyclu3

Look at how good these welds are...you can't even see them. It's so clean. HK sights are prefectly aligned and welded.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g216/rockmup/AK%20guns/11S124.jpg

LOL, thats one I did so thanks.

If your not in a big hurry send it to me and I'll see if I can fix it

Ah then that means you're Spankaveli on offtopic.

I'm red_91_240sx

Look at how good these welds are...you can't even see them. It's so clean. HK sights are prefectly aligned and welded.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g216/rockmup/AK%20guns/11S124.jpg

LOL, thats one I did so thanks.

If your not in a big hurry send it to me and I'll see if I can fix it

Ah then that means you're Spankaveli on offtopic.

I'm red_91_240sx

No. It means he's my customer.