I dont want to sound redundant

Im placing my order as soon as I get my FFL on the line for my Saiga. Im basically just trying to figure out the differences between mag prices (must be pre 1994). I don't know if Im allowed to post links? Copes has bulgarians. for 12.99 but also has waffle style bulgarians for 24.99. While their chinese mags are out of yugoslavia? 44mag has chinese mags out of china I presume, but they are 20 bucks. But also has hungarian 30rounder mag bodies for only 10$.

Im not trying to make this complicated, but any NY'ers or anyone for that matter just have a solid place for pre-ban, 30, nothing-fancy'rnder mags? I read a previous thread about a henderson place but they were all out.

Thanks guys. Im looking to order around 20 of them, so I just want to get it right for this saiga and within a reasonable price range. I dont know much about this platform, but I have learned a lot. Just need some hands on experience now.

Edited by AndysSaiga12Name

Afaik, there is no way to tell if any steel combloc AK mag is "pre-ban", or "post-ban". I currently own about a dozen, and I can tell you that they don't stamp dates of manufacture on em. I could order up a batch of combloc steel mags, (most/all of which probably were made before 1994), de-grease em, make em look "aged", (no damage involved), then send em to you, (for a small fee). PM me if you're interested.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

as a NYer, all the gunstores i have been to that sell ak mags (pre-ban) there is no way of proving it. if its steel com blob then its pre-ban it seems. i bought one mag that looked brand new, no wear marks literally brand new. I say if it com-block its pre-ban, well its good enough for me.

see not all are pre-ban the romanians have a NEW drum mag out too. This could get a NYer in big trouble if the LE knows his stuff and the shooter is tricked into think that the mag is pre-ban because it looks like a pre-ban chinese drum, even the 30 and 40rnd mags the koreans have out now. NYers have to be carefull, but most the time only god knows if the mag is really pre-ban

Edited by n102788

see not all are pre-ban the koreans have a NEW drum mag out too. This could get a NYer in big trouble if the LE knows his stuff and the shooter is tricked into think that the mag is pre-ban because it looks like a pre-ban chinese drum, even the 30 and 40rnd mags the koreans have out now. NYers have to be carefull, but most the time only god knows if the mag is really pre-ban

I just said that Korean mags are not pre-ban, only Communist surplus mags.

Just got exactly what I needed from Big Boss. Thanks for all the replies..and the offer post-apoc. One new Saiga on the way.

I know all commies are pre-ban, and in addition there is no way it could ever be verified as they are not stamped. But alot of guys on gunbroker and sites like aim will not ship to NY regardless. It says right in their headings next to the item for sale at atleast. No preban stipulation noted. Just simply, not for sale to NY. But im all set, thanks again. Ill post pictures as soon as she arrives. I think Im going with the wood look to.

I recommend Copes for all of your pre-ban AK mag needs. That's where I got most of mine.

Also, If you email/call AIM Surplus, they'll most likely ship AK mags to NY that they "know" are pre-ban. Even though they have a "No sales to NY,...." disclaimer.

Ironically I ended up actually going with Copes. Got the shipment today. Good condition mags were advertised, and good condition received. One had a minor dent which effected functioning, but I pressed it out with a flat head and it works fine now. A few had very minor rust spots and two look to be previously re-finished (different finish to them). All I wanted were for them to function and they do that just fine. Just soaped them all up and hung them to dry and re-assembled. Cant go wrong for 10bucks a piece. On top of that I received them 3 days after I placed the order. Im going to write them a review right now, Ive been impressed with their products a few times in a row now.

Thanks for the advice shooter. I will try that. I have 12 now, but prob lookin for 8 - 20rndrs.