Mods is in the right place?

So I finally went back to my folks house and went through my safe that I had there full of stuff that was given to me when I was younger or bought when I first turned 18. Mostly old hunting shotguns and rifles and a few old wheel guns. Nothing all that cool just mostly sentimental, a few I hung on to for old times sake. The rest got the boot to raise cash for my new program called fill the safe! LOL! :super: So for anyone that feels like shipping any unwanted cool guns, let me know...... jokes full of'em

I'm trying to stick to certain platforms as far as rifles go, I don't go much beyond the FAL in semi auto department(love, true love). I'm not really a fan of the AR platform so that's pretty much out. AK platform wise I've sold pretty much everything but the Draco pistol (which I love), and would be interested in getting something in 7.62x39 and maybe even 5.45 rifle wise. Bolt action wise I have a bunch in .308 and a few in 7.62x54, other than a .50BMG I'm not really looking for anything else. Pistol wise I think I'm pretty set although I do like odd ball pistols (Rifle caliber pistols are tons of fun IMO), and wouldn't mind some advice on wheel guns (I don't have many in my collection). Shotgun wise I still have to many (may thin the herd again), .410,20,16,12ga you name it, but really all I need is MORE Saiga 12s. :wub: Although now that I think about it I don't own a 10ga....add to list

so anyhow my question is

5.45 and 7.62x39 what are decent lower cost semi-autos?

How about belt fed? Tromix guys I'd really like to hear your opinion on this, I've drooled over the collection for awhile.

Odd ball pistols, What can I not live with out?

I'd love to hear some detailed opinions of the Saiga crew.

If your truly passionate about a gun and think everyone should have one, convince me I may just do an impulse buy!

A cool rifle caliber pistol is the AMT Automag III in 30 carbine. It's an upsized 1911 style pistol. If you like loud handguns this will make you smile. It belches out cantaloupe sized fireballs with each shot! Accurate too. They also make one in 45 Win Mag and 50 AE.

You KNOW you want need an S17 . . .

Oh so badly I can't even tell you.... unfortunately I can only own an AOW in Michigan or a machine gun but no SBR/SBSs or silencers (BOOOOO!).

So I am thinking/dreaming/wanting that a Saiga 12 AOW may be in order.

You KNOW you want need an S17 . . .

Oh so badly I can't even tell you.... unfortunately I can only own an AOW in Michigan or a machine gun but no SBR/SBSs or silencers (BOOOOO!).

So I am thinking/dreaming/wanting that a Saiga 12 AOW may be in order.

Oh shit, sorry man. :beaten: I didn't realize that. I'm just familiar with Texas' and surrounding states gun laws.

I second the Draco pistol, I like mine.

But I am going to SBR it . . . :nothing: (sorry again)

Edited by Raoul_Duke

if you like rifle caliber pistols, and I'm gonna catch shit for suggesting, but I LOVE my Vector V53P, yeh I know, Vector ain't making them anymore, and the few asshats that have them for sale are asking an arm, a leg, and the right nut, but put a beta drum in that puppy after dark, and light up the hood, I also have an old Universal 30 caliber pistol, it shoots just fine, just doesn't like steel case ammo. as far as wheel guns, I like my Taurus 454 casull, if your wife wants to do some planting and you don't feel like digging holes, just break out the 454, it'll git'er done.

Well, AKs are cheap right now, it's definitely the right time to buy. You can find stamped guns for under $400, and milled guns for as little as $700. 30-round mags are cheap ($10 bucks or thereabouts for 7.62x39, and only a little more on average for 5.45x39). Ammo has gone down from its peak, although not enough... It'd be nice to see 7.62x39 at $.10/round or less again. If you want to take your chances with a WASR-10, a lot of vendors are selling them for $350-$380, but the higher-quality builds aren't much more. If you like C&R stuff, there are lots of Mosin-Nagant 91/30s, Schmidt-Rubin 96/11s and K31s, Yugo M24/47s and Czech VZ24s on the market right now. Fill that safe up!

I think (and this is my problem) for some reason whenever I get a platform that really works for me, I must own several of the exact same thing for some stupid reason. This is how I have ended up ordering multiples of the same exact gun. Shandlanos I think I may head back in the AK direction....with more Dracos......Damn it all, here I go again. I guess with $10 mags (my other pack rat problem) I could stock up on those puppy's also. Termite, I dig the Vectors. I bought one way back when they were cheap, now I really want it back. It was the one in .308, I still think about it..... let's pause for a moment...... Ok I feel better now. They cost between $1600 to $2200 now I gotta pass.

Raoul_Duke, I'm still jealous of the S-17......

Keep those ideas rolling.

P.S. if anyone has hmmmm... lets say a 1919A4 that they feel like giving away, that'd be awesome!

TheHopping1- the .44 has been a serious consideration for awhile now, the cheapest I've found one unfortunatley is $950 :eek:

Gun Fanatic-YES PLEASE!!! Is that the 20mm :eyes_droped: Love it, unfortunately my wife said no to me putting the house up for collateral for one! LOL!