Saiga work in North Texas

No, I sure don't. I really have no experience doing this kind of work and wouldn't want to tempt fate learning on this gun.

How much experience do you have with buying a case of beer? Im in NE texas Id be willing to rent my tools, back porch and direction. LOL! naw really though man, you would be surprised how easy it is, I underestimated myself too. I have even heard of people doing it without the drill and just hand tools. It just takes alot longer.

Hey and not to mention the gratification you get from knowing you did it all on your own is sweet!

Edited by chevyman097
  • Like 2

I know there are plans for having a generic AK building party in the DFW area, where a number of the AR-15.COM members are getting together to share tools, jigs, rigs, and help some of the less experienced members wanting to build their own AKs. I think they're even talking about bending flats, heat treating receivers, and the whole nine yards.

Maybe if there is enough interest, local "Saiga conversion parties" could be scheduled. Then things like threading barrels, pressing on gas blocks, etc, etc, could be attempted and specialized tools could be shared by the group. Saigas, Barbeque, and cold beer sounds like fun. Just a thought.

I did it with a dremel and an electric drill. I would dare to say that with enough patience and time it could be done with a file and a drill lol. The average cost I have seen for a conversion is usualy about 300. Use 1/3 that money to buy some tools and do it yourself. Much more satisfaction and you can start to get some tools out of it as well!

A saiga convention/cookout would be sick027.gif . Whats better than BBQ, guns work, and gun shootin.

I bet you could get an electric cheapo drill for less than 5o bucks, last resort you could hit up a pawn shop. They allways have that kinda shit layin around. You could get the rest of the tools at a hardware store for cheap, deff cheaper than paying for a conversion anyways.

• Like 1

A saiga convention/cookout would be sick027.gif . Whats better than BBQ, guns work, and gun shootin.

I bet you could get an electric cheapo drill for less than 5o bucks, last resort you could hit up a pawn shop. They allways have that kinda shit layin around. You could get the rest of the tools at a hardware store for cheap, deff cheaper than paying for a conversion anyways.

Harbor Freight is a good place for cheap tools too, if you have one in your area.