Finally done with my build...

gallery_20280_336_573195.jpg

Managed to finish it up last night. Surprisingly the grip was the part that gave me the most trouble, everything else including the BHO spring and lever went really smoothly. Just waiting on the extended top rail from Chaos and it'll be set for at least a little bit until I get bored again. Like maybe a month or so. Thanks to everybody here who helped out with advice and info and all the vendors I bought parts from, it wouldn't have been possible without you.

• Like 1

Let me guess, when you went to install the Hogue pistol grip, the screw goes in all the way, totally tight, and the grip remains loose because the bolt they provide is too short?

I had the same problem with mine. But Home Depot was closed and I couldn't wait till the next day :( lol. So I cut the pistol grip nut about 1/4" shorter and it went on great. No clue why Hogue provides such a short bolt for their grip.

BTW Nice build, I love those sights what are they?

Let me guess, when you went to install the Hogue pistol grip, the screw goes in all the way, totally tight, and the grip remains loose because the bolt they provide is too short?

I had the same problem with mine. But Home Depot was closed and I couldn't wait till the next day :( lol. So I cut the pistol grip nut about 1/4" shorter and it went on great. No clue why Hogue provides such a short bolt for their grip.

BTW Nice build, I love those sights what are they?

Actually what happened was, the bolt that Tac47 supplied worked fine but the grip nut was too tall so it didn't pull the grip up flush with the receiver. So, I carved some off with the dremel. Then the damn bolt wouldn't grab the threads. So I took the bolt Hogue supplied, chopped some off of that and realized too late that I'd made it too short. So I go running out to Home Depot with the original bolt so I could find one like it that was a bit longer and thankfully I was able to find two. Over the weekend I'll be doing some fine adjustments to the grip nut to eliminate the small gap that's still there.

And yes, those are Magpul MBUS, that was Nailbomb's idea and it was a great one.

• Like 1