CTD out of Brown Bear 308!!

So the other night I was looking to stock up on some of my 308's favorite food, Brown Bear FMJ and with the amount that I ordered it said it was on backorder. So I tried just getting 5 and it said it was good. I wasn't going to risk my luck with their inventory system and hope they really weren't out so I didn't get any. This is horrible, I needed a good 1,000+ rounds and they have the best deal on the net. Anybody have a secret site out there that is almost close to CTD's deal of $6.79 for 20?

There is no such thing as "price gouging". There is only a reflection of the market. Whether the demand was artificial because of Bam Bam or not, it was short term and it resulted in short term price jumps. The only people pissed off are the morons who paid $800 for an AK, likely the same people who overpaid for real estate as well in the 2003-2005 timeframe.

• Like 2

There is no such thing as "price gouging". There is only a reflection of the market. Whether the demand was artificial because of Bam Bam or not, it was short term and it resulted in short term price jumps. The only people pissed off are the morons who paid $800 for an AK, likely the same people who overpaid for real estate as well in the 2003-2005 timeframe.

Take a closer look at the picture I posted.

Yes, CTD increased their prices to above list price. I don't see a problem with that. Demand outstripped supply for the time being, so it could've been $100 for 20 rounds and I would still feel similarly. Is there something else I missed in the pic? You have a right to be pissed off at them and boycott, but for me they were just being good capitalists so I'll buy what you don't. :blues:

Edited by choobie

At best, I guess one could call it 'marketing,' but I see it as a vendor increasing price to promote a sense of urgency. And on top of that, they seemed to be in such a rush to do it, that they neglected to properly update their website, which makes them look like a bunch of jackasses.

I respect your decision, but as a potential customer I'm only concerned about whether they ship my stuff correctly, the stuff is as advertised and whether they have prices I'm comfortable with. As of now, all three are good to go as of now as far as I'm concerned, so they get my business. Many gun shops did the same thing after BamBam, but I prolonged my purchases until now just like I prolonged any real estate purchases until prices collapsed. If one vendor raises prices too quickly, they will not get business. If the sense of urgency is artificial from mass hysteria, then suppliers across the board were going to take advantage. God bless them.

Also, if you check out local gun stores they never went back down in price to pre-omber levels, not even close. At least CTD went down on the stuff I would buy but while they were higher I bought at ammotogo almost exclusively, pretty much all foreign stuff, cause they too increased their prices albeit not as high as some others...

Also, if you check out local gun stores they never went back down in price to pre-omber levels, not even close. At least CTD went down on the stuff I would buy but while they were higher I bought at ammotogo almost exclusively, pretty much all foreign stuff, cause they too increased their prices albeit not as high as some others...

Those gun shops should go out of business. If CTD or any other business got cocky with me, that would be enough for me not to do business with them again. My local gun shop gets zero business after the owner was eating while talking with me and picking at his food in his mouth with his finger. Not interested in that kind of businessman, so I only use them for the indoor range nowadays and buy zero from their pro shop. The folks from CTD were fine even during the explosion of business. I guess my criteria is different than others. But this is America, where you can show your power by not buying from those you feel wronged you.