Metal Putty

Probably won't take long for this thread to get deleted either. Fuck forbid someone have a differing opinion about a Tromix part.

It is that he is going out of his way to trash talk a business member's product. Look at this thread for instance Tromix parts were not even mentioned until he posted a negative comment trashing them. That type of behavior is not cool.

Edited by Gun Fanatic

Alrighty then, now that we got that off our Chest. unsure.gif Does that mean I can use Metal Putty? Or use a welder which changes the molecular structure in the Receiver, and chance getting shrapnel in my face?

Edited by Sumsky

Alrighty then, now that we got that off our Chest. unsure.gif Does that mean I can use Metal Putty? Or use a welder which changes the molecular structure in the Receiver, and chance getting shrapnel in my face?

this tends to happen...people expressing opinions...as far as metal putty...go for it and let us know how it holds up

Unless you glob a BIG chunk of weld on there your receiver should be fine. Besides filling/plugging the holes are more form then function so whatever will work for you.

Probably won't take long for this thread to get deleted either. Fuck forbid someone have a differing opinion about a Tromix part.

No now you're trying to sugar coat it. He used the word "garbage" which it clearly is not and that is not just an opinion, that is an insult. He also made another derogatory remark towards Tromix parts in general so it is not just about the trigger guard. There was also an insult towards people who do favor Tromix parts. This is all much different than having another opinion. And the difference is called "tact". That"s what you need to have if you are going to participate in a public forum with many differing opinions. The problem is that those with no tact think everyone else but them should have it. Don't get me wrong, I am not personally insulted because the guy is obviously a blowhard and the way he talks to people and about people erases any so-called knowledge he may have and without respect for a person I cannot possibly be insulted by them. Good day gentlemen.

I don't care about the damn holes, plugged them with nylon plugs and called it a day. I want it to go BOOM! everytime I squeeze the trigger instead of worrying about cosmetic stuff.

You are right!

Its plain and simple, Tromix is stuff is expensive and not of the highest quality.

Also, I wasn't aware that post count was relevant to my Saiga knowledge and/or my knowledge of the various parts out there.

I'm not hailing GoGun or Selph Arms or trying to promote slander. I just can stand all the Tromix bandwaggon freaks in here. It's like arguing with LaRue sackriders.

I truly believe Tony and the boys at Tromix know way more than you do about this weapon platform and make good parts and damn fine weapons. Larue sackrider? Mark happens to make the best quality mounts out there with the best quarantees in the biz. He has many contracts with the Military and other Federal Agencies for his products. First off, you need to fill out your profile so others can see your background. Spouting off with your cockholster about your expertise doesn't prove anything without something to back it up besides being a friggin mall ninja. :ph34r:

Haha, yeah, sorry bout all that.

Anyway, like I said, I don't see why it wouldn't work man. I've used the stuff in some DIY autobody stuff and I'll tell ya- its a bitch to sand, but seems pretty tough.

I'm, personally, going the nylon plug route- already ordered some from CSS

Edited by Lucas_061287

No now you're trying to sugar coat it. He used the word "garbage" which it clearly is not and that is not just an opinion, that is an insult. He also made another derogatory remark towards Tromix parts in general so it is not just about the trigger guard. There was also an insult towards people who do favor Tromix parts. This is all much different than having another opinion. And the difference is called "tact". That"s what you need to have if you are going to participate in a public forum with many differing opinions. The problem is that those with no tact think everyone else but them should have it. Don't get me wrong, I am not personally insulted because the guy is obviously a blowhard and the way he talks to people and about people erases any so-called knowledge he may have and without respect for a person I cannot possibly be insulted by them. Good day gentlemen.

See my deliberate "non-tactful" reply above. :devil: You are too "tactful" DogMan!

Edited by MT Predator

Alright- let me lay this on ya'll so that the childish BS will cease- I was given an ultimatum by a certain Moderator to not perpetuate this shit any further at the risk of feeling the wrath of the banhammer. So if you guys would like to debate any more, shoot me a PM, otherwise, keep it out of the public forum. I'm showing restraint and biting my tongue because I don't want to get banned over something so rediculous. Honestly though, at this rate, it wouldn't really matter as I've basically learned everything neccessary about this forum just based on these two threads combined.

Hey guys, there is no need for anyone to get banned. We are all adults here. We all have our own opinions. Lets shake hands and forget about it. ( I am not mad that you guys had a Flame War in my thread.) It was interesting. Lets go back to having fun.

^Hey, its your money, do what you want with it.

All I'm saying is that ~IN MY OPINION~ the time and effort it takes to grind/cut the areas neccessary on the stock Tapco unit isn't worth $18 to me. I'm sure some folks agree, but I'm also sure most folks appreciate the convenience of a piece that they can order already modified. Its all about preferance really.

As far as my character goes- thats not up for discussion, but you're welcome to reveiw all of my posts on this forum to judge my character for yourself. You might be surprised.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've seen enough already. (Clear case of bad parenting)

Hey guys, there is no need for anyone to get banned. We are all adults here. We all have our own opinions. Lets shake hands and forget about it. ( I am not mad that you guys had a Flame War in my thread.) It was interesting. Lets go back to having fun.

Sounds good to me, as I'm basically the same. I can agree to this.

^Hey, its your money, do what you want with it.

All I'm saying is that ~IN MY OPINION~ the time and effort it takes to grind/cut the areas neccessary on the stock Tapco unit isn't worth $18 to me. I'm sure some folks agree, but I'm also sure most folks appreciate the convenience of a piece that they can order already modified. Its all about preferance really.

As far as my character goes- thats not up for discussion, but you're welcome to reveiw all of my posts on this forum to judge my character for yourself. You might be surprised.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've seen enough already. (Clear case of bad parenting)

Whatever suits you man. I'm done arguing.