That's this weekend, I'm going to the Harrisburg farm show gun show next weekend. It's only a half hour drive for me. While you're there, check out Stoneybrook's stand, I've bought 2 guns from him. His prices are good, and he's a real nice guy. With any luck, I'll walk out with a Saiga 7.62 for me and a 5.45 for wifey!

Yes, he is very nice! I bought a Mossberg 590 from him at the show last June! great price too and he took care of me well. I just dug out my receipt cause I knew that name sounded familiar...

i could NOT find a 5.45 there to save my life back in December, hopefully now it's been a while they will be more common at the dealers. A lot still don't even know it exists, or think I'm mistakenly referring to the 5.56.

I am trying to get out to the Harrisburg one next weekend too...I need my buddy to split a hotel room with (or drive one way and I drive the other) so I'm waiting on what he says. I heard the Harrisburg one is gigantic? Even bigger than Valley Forge?

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

Yes, he is very nice! I bought a Mossberg 590 from him at the show last June! great price too and he took care of me well. I just dug out my receipt cause I knew that name sounded familiar...

i could NOT find a 5.45 there to save my life back in December, hopefully now it's been a while they will be more common at the dealers. A lot still don't even know it exists, or think I'm mistakenly referring to the 5.56.

I am trying to get out to the Harrisburg one next weekend too...I need my buddy to split a hotel room with (or drive one way and I drive the other) so I'm waiting on what he says. I heard the Harrisburg one is gigantic? Even bigger than Valley Forge?

From what I hear, Harrisburg has the biggest in the north east. 1,200+ tables. I've been to 4 of them, the first one was in the big building and was huge, the next 3 were in the back building and not quite as big, but bigger than York fair and Altoona. I was at the York fair gun show 2 weeks ago, and the guy I got my S-12 off of said he will have some 5.45's at Harrisburg. I don't know if he'll be at V.F. though. I love the Harrisburg show, because about 5 miles down the road in Middletown there's a sports bar/restaraunt where the waitresses where tight black clothes and they have a half pound burger with all the fixins and onion rings on it! The place=Champions, the burger=Champion burger. They have a prime rib cheese steak too! I eat there every time I'm in the area.

Just FYI- We live in Harrisburg, and would love to meet some of y'all... We'll be at the show, and shooting at a private range (read: rapid fire, full mags, and NFA ok!) just north of HBG on Sunday. Any interested parties please PM ASAP- Y'all just jumped out of the woodworks for me, didn't know there were so many "fighting Quakers" here on the board!

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks Dave! Thomas Jefferson is winning in the weight department, but he looks unfortunately like his father (haha- I'm the one that married the lout!), and Tessie is a little angel, but sadly quite bitchy... I think she'll be the little diva in the family...

Like I said- Saiga shooters and Patriots ALWAYS welcome at our "get-togethers".

I am hoping to go to Harrisburg next weekend. That's an incredible offer bohound, if I am able to get out there I'll let you know.

Show was nice today. When I got to the car I realized an S-12 had followed me out the convention center!

Nice! Did ya see any Saiga 5.45's?

I am hoping to go to Harrisburg next weekend. That's an incredible offer bohound, if I am able to get out there I'll let you know.

Show was nice today. When I got to the car I realized an S-12 had followed me out the convention center!

Not a single one :( I don't understand it. Come to think of it, I saw only a handful of Saigas at the whole show. No idea why, lots of WASRs, Tantals, AMD-65, etc. One guy had a whole table of Tantals. Which is strange because in September I saw almost a table every 20 feet with a Saiga of some sort. and December was only slightly less.

Though there was a vendor with Izhmash plum 5.45 mags

I just got done inspecting the gun. It's lightly used the dealer said, but looking at the inside the original owner couldn't have put more than a dozen rounds through it...barely any wear on anything in there and the gas system was almost spotless. It's a 3-port gun which made me very happy and I'm hoping it will cycle cheap loads well.

Not a single one :( I don't understand it. Come to think of it, I saw only a handful of Saigas at the whole show. No idea why, lots of WASRs, Tantals, AMD-65, etc. One guy had a whole table of Tantals. Which is strange because in September I saw almost a table every 20 feet with a Saiga of some sort. and December was only slightly less.

Though there was a vendor with Izhmash plum 5.45 mags

I just got done inspecting the gun. It's lightly used the dealer said, but looking at the inside the original owner couldn't have put more than a dozen rounds through it...barely any wear on anything in there and the gas system was almost spotless. It's a 3-port gun which made me very happy and I'm hoping it will cycle cheap loads well.

Rats, I hope my guy shows up next weekend. If not, I'll have John at Stoneybrook order me one. He's right down the road.

It's really weird. So far most vendors I have encountered either A. have never heard of it and B. think I'm looking for a 5.56 and am mistaken. Even calling it a 74 when looking for magazines "AK-74" they correct me and say "you mean 47" I have a feeling this is why it is so hard to find the 5.45 Saigas.

From what I hear, Harrisburg has the biggest in the north east. 1,200+ tables. I've been to 4 of them, the first one was in the big building and was huge, the next 3 were in the back building and not quite as big, but bigger than York fair and Altoona.

If you ever drive up here for an Altoona/Bald Eagle show once I'm done laughing at ya for coming up for about 20 tables, we can go get a beer.

The Harrisburg show is big, I've been told York is "better" but I can't personally compare.

Well I was there today. One guy had overpriced everything, including Saigas. An unconverted Saiga (cal?) 16in barrel. Had the butt stock/pistol grip that requires no conversion and a UTG scope mount for $850. He also had a Remington 700SPS .308 with a tacticool scope and bipod for $1200. :huh: Too bad cause it was the only lefty 700 in .308 that I saw. His WASRs with UTG HGs were around the $650 and Century made Yugo UFs at $850.

A table full of tired M1 garands for $299.

All I bought were 2 boxes of Romanian x25 ammo. $9 a box. A few rows down some one was selling the same ammo for $19/box.

2 Armchair commandos arguing over who is better Army Rangers or ....I walked away before I heard the other branch/MOS. Cant stand hearing that crap from 2 lard asses who have nothing better to do but be a monday morning quarterbacks about the people who protect/defend/die for this country. If they want to compare they should join.

Also a bunch of dickhead sellers. One seller was telling a customer that his x54 surplus ammo was German and how it was special because the Germans made bla..bla..bla.. when in fact it was Yugo. I pointed it out but the guy said I dont know squat. So I called my friend over who is from Yugoslavia. He read of the whole box to the dealer plus what was on the crate it came in and then translated it to him. All we got was basically a "go F yourselves."

Overall a fun day!!!

Edited by Arik

Well I was there today. One guy had overpriced everything, including Saigas. An unconverted Saiga (cal?) 16in barrel. Had the buttstock/pistolgrip that requires no conversion and a UTG scope mount for $850. He also had a Remington 700SPS .308 with a tacticool scope and bipod for $1200. :huh: Too bad cause it was the only lefty 700 in .308 that I saw. His WASRs with UTG HGs were around the $650 and Century made Yugo UFs at $850.

A table full of tired M1 garands for $299. All I vought were 2 boxes of Romanian x25 ammo. $9 a box. A few rows down some one was selling the same ammo dfor $19.

2 Armchair camandos arguing over who is better Army Rangers or ....I walked away before I heard the other branch/MOS. Cant stand hearing that crap from 2 fat old guys who habve nothing better to do.

Arik,

The tired M1 Garands, were they beat up or parts guns built on new receivers?

nyclu3

Neh. They looked like they were used for training (All had spraypainted numbers on the stocks. Some you could see had at one point been resprayed with a different number) then for baseball practice and later for parts. "Dark bores, may or may not have parts missing. AS-IS $299" Looked to be less then rifles but more than just parts. If some one had time and $$ I bet there were a few that could be made into realy good shooters.

Edited by Arik

Neh. They looked like they were used for training (All had spraypainted numbers on the stocks. Some you could see had at one point been resprayed with a different number) then for baseball practice and later for parts. "Dark bores, may or may not have parts missing. AS-IS $299" Looked to be less then rifles but more than just parts. If some one had time and $$ I bet there were a few that could be made into realy good shooters.

OK Thanks. Not worth the trip out there then. Maybe if they sold them closer to home at the same price, I might bite but not that far away.

nyclu3

Well I was there today. One guy had overpriced everything, including Saigas. An unconverted Saiga (cal?) 16in barrel. Had the butt stock/pistol grip that requires no conversion and a UTG scope mount for $850. He also had a Remington 700SPS .308 with a tacticool scope and bipod for $1200. Too bad cause it was the only lefty 700 in .308 that I saw. His WASRs with UTG HGs were around the $650 and Century made Yugo UFs at $850.

Haha YES that guy is always there. I think I know exactly who you're talking about. He's on the opposite side of the room from the bathrooms where those big double doors leading outside are. Somewhere around there. Also did you see Ozzy Osbourne selling swords in back?

From what I hear, Harrisburg has the biggest in the north east. 1,200+ tables. I've been to 4 of them, the first one was in the big building and was huge, the next 3 were in the back building and not quite as big, but bigger than York fair and Altoona.

If you ever drive up here for an Altoona/Bald Eagle show once I'm done laughing at ya for coming up for about 20 tables, we can go get a beer.

The Harrisburg show is big, I've been told York is "better" but I can't personally compare.

Hell, I was just in Altoona a couple weeks ago for the sportsmans show/Ted Nugent. I'll PM ya next time. The vendors seem to like York better than Harrisburg, but I think Harrisburg is bigger, especially when it's in the front building.

Well I was there today. One guy had overpriced everything, including Saigas. An unconverted Saiga (cal?) 16in barrel. Had the butt stock/pistol grip that requires no conversion and a UTG scope mount for $850. He also had a Remington 700SPS .308 with a tacticool scope and bipod for $1200. Too bad cause it was the only lefty 700 in .308 that I saw. His WASRs with UTG HGs were around the $650 and Century made Yugo UFs at $850.

Haha YES that guy is always there. I think I know exactly who you're talking about. He's on the opposite side of the room from the bathrooms where those big double doors leading outside are. Somewhere around there. Also did you see Ozzy Osbourne selling swords in back?

LOL yep saw Ozzy!!! The guy with the overpriced Saigas and AKs is on the same side as the AMMO MAN. The guy I always see is a short muscle guy. Last time they had a .50 browning belt fed on a huge stand that looks like it should mount on a truck or a tank. One side of their stand is all AKs and the other is all AR.

LOL yep saw Ozzy!!! The guy with the overpriced Saigas and AKs is on the same side as the AMMO MAN. The guy I always see is a short muscle guy. Last time they had a .50 browning belt fed on a huge stand that looks like it should mount on a truck or a tank. One side of their stand is all AKs and the other is all AR.

Yep, I know exactly which vendor you're talking about!