Got It Painted

Man I'm not a pro , this was my first time . I will tell you how I did it . I got some clean aluminum Oxide media for the blast cabinet and blasted it till it was all in the white . Then ( this is critical ) you have to clean the shit out of it with Acetone ( in a pinch brake cleaner will do ) make sure that you use rubber gloves after this so no oil from your hands gets om it . I mixed two tablespoons at a time with the proper amount of hardener and reducer and went slow .I was using a double action air brush . That's about it just make sure it is clean . I got a lot of stuff out around the rivets and the rail scope mount when blowing it out .Good luck man and Post a picture when your done .

WFO2 is right on with the prep. I use a HVLP Automotive sprayer with a 1.4 mm needle. I occasionally us the DA airbrush but I find that I get more consistent coverage with the HVLP gun. I run DuraCoat at 45-50 psi without needing to reduce it.

Good Luck!

Man I'm not a pro , this was my first time . I will tell you how I did it . I got some clean aluminum Oxide media for the blast cabinet and blasted it till it was all in the white . Then ( this is critical ) you have to clean the shit out of it with Acetone ( in a pinch brake cleaner will do ) make sure that you use rubber gloves after this so no oil from your hands gets om it . I mixed two tablespoons at a time with the proper amount of hardener and reducer and went slow .I was using a double action air brush . That's about it just make sure it is clean . I got a lot of stuff out around the rivets and the rail scope mount when blowing it out .Good luck man and Post a picture when your done .

I am going to use a Aerosol Sprayer, and no reducer. The gun was Aluminum Oxide today, but I will wash it down with Acetone before I spray it. Knock on wood, I hope it turns out ok.

WFO2 is right on with the prep. I use a HVLP Automotive sprayer with a 1.4 mm needle. I occasionally us the DA airbrush but I find that I get more consistent coverage with the HVLP gun. I run DuraCoat at 45-50 psi without needing to reduce it.

Good Luck!

You think I can get away without reducing it, if I use a Aerasol sprayer?

Thanks. I don't know about not using reducer I used it to get a good flow out of my airbrush . Plus It depends on how humid it is around you and your equipment .Make dam sure that you got it clean and dry and go for it .

Thanks. I don't know about not using reducer I used it to get a good flow out of my airbrush . Plus It depends on how humid it is around you and your equipment .Make dam sure that you got it clean and dry and go for it .

Florida is darn humid. Plus I am using a Aerosol sprayer, think I will use reducer. The Aerosol sprayer dont have as much PSI as a Airbrussh so I might have clogging issues if I dont use reducer.