lets talk optic mouts

hows it going everyone iv been looking at optic mouts and tryen to find one to buy fo a good price. Iv done some reserch on here and found a couple diffrent ones.

BP-o2 and also the one at the K var site, but its hella expensive can anyone tell me why ive seen a couple that looks the same for half the price also if thers any recommendations that would be sick (not a fan of the UTG one, the loweer the better)

so thanks guys

post-22811-12707762358721_thumb.jpg

post-22811-12707762470753_thumb.jpg

hows it going everyone iv been looking at optic mouts and tryen to find one to buy fo a good price. Iv done some reserch on here and found a couple diffrent ones.

BP-o2 and also the one at the K var site, but its hella expensive can anyone tell me why ive seen a couple that looks the same for half the price also if thers any recommendations that would be sick (not a fan of the UTG one, the loweer the better)

so thanks guys

I've had the K-Var and BP-02 mounts. I liked the BP-02 much better, between the two; it's also a lot cheaper.

Edited by Jim Digriz

I have a utg quick detach double rail side mount with an eotech 512 a65 and the mount holds zero very well. I have even taken the mount off and put it back on and it still held zero. They are cheap but sterdy and I figuered I'd get a better one when funds allow but now after some nice testing im sticking with it. just my 2 cents Also the mount is a low one too and works good with my regualr ak buttstock.

Edited by n102788

so thanks guys

The one in your picture is not the Kvar Mount. That is the asian copy.

The real Kvar mount has kv 04 written on the lower mount.

I can't see anything written on your image.

What didn't you like on the kvar one?

The locking clamp seemed to weaken over time. It might work better on a rifle from which it was not often removed. The locking mechanism of the BP-02 seems a lot more sturdy, as does the whole piece. But that makes it weigh more too.

so thanks guys

yeah it isnt its the cheaper one just wondering wat was the diffrence cause the k avr one cost so much

The one in your picture is not the Kvar Mount. That is the asian copy.

The real Kvar mount has kv 04 written on the lower mount.

I can't see anything written on your image.

Ive used the DPH low profile and it does pretty well. I did strengthen that release lever with a layer of carefully applied JB Weld along its top length and a strip of sheet metal as It seemed the weak point to me. So far so good the two allens holding the rail make for a nice way to level the mount with shims or washers before slapping a scope on there. So far i like it and consider it worth the money but I use irons mostly and seldom shoot the 308 due to cost of ammo.

Just wondering what was the diffrence cause the k var one cost so much

The asian one has a little stub hanging out to prevent the mount from sliding forward. The Kvar one has a whole ledge for that purpose.

The locking mechanism is much better on the kvar one versus the asian copy. I tested out an asian copy with a large scope and the top rail

shook loose within 10 firings of 7.62x39. The aluminum grade used on the asian one is not as good either. Some chinese made items are much better

than other chinese made ones. This is not one of the better ones. Its not worth the $17 I paid for it on Ebay.

The real irony behind this is that it wouldn't cost much for a Chinese manufacturing facility to forge one out of steel instead of aluminum and make this much better than what it is by reinforcing the locking mechanism. Instead of hitting a home run, whoever makes these cuts to many corners and this product gets struck out with a rookie pitcher in the second half.

The russian molot mount is made of steel and the strongest mount I ever laid my hands on, but it requires drilling in adjustment holes

to align the axis to match the rifle's bore axis. That is far more work than I am willing to do, and for $150 no one should have to.

Edited by my762buzz

so thanks guys

I have the UTG guick release mount with the leapers red/green dot scope. The mount is made in china but it is well made and is rock solid when mounted on the rifle. It is low on the receiver and holds zero well after about 400 to 500 rounds and after being taken on and off. So far so good!

I have a UTG 978 it's rock solid and has held it's zero when taken off and reinstalled. And at about $35US it's a deal.

SGL-20WithRussianNavySlingfromSovie.jpg

Yea thats the same one I have I couldnt remember the model # . What type of scope is that you have? I like the leapers but I'm thinking about upgrading in the future and I like the short compact scopes like yours and the leapers.

I have a UTG 978 it's rock solid and has held it's zero when taken off and reinstalled. And at about $35US it's a deal.

(pic)

SGL20 eh? Nice. :up:

I have a plum SGL21 currently. It's funny that my '21 cost ~60% of what my '20 did. It's all timing...

When it comes to side rail scope mounts, I'm more inclined to go with the Bulgarian, but it's good to know that the cheap UTG works well. I haven't bought one yet; been training with the irons.. and buying mags and ammo instead of a scope. :D

(pic)

SGL20 eh? Nice. :up:

I have a plum SGL21 currently. It's funny that my '21 cost ~60% of what my '20 did. It's all timing...

When it comes to side rail scope mounts, I'm more inclined to go with the Bulgarian, but it's good to know that the cheap UTG works well. I haven't bought one yet; been training with the irons.. and buying mags and ammo instead of a scope. :D

I have a plumb SGL-20 also with a4-24 POSP Scope.

SGL-20762x39PlumbPOSP4-24Scope.jpg

Gonna second Riflshooter here, if you're scoping an x39 on the side mount you should definitely go with a scope like the POSP or PSO 4x24. I have one of those too and it's absolutely awesome.

I'd prefer a Kobra to better suit my shooting style.. but genuine Kobras seem pretty damn scarce.

Gonna second Riflshooter here, if you're scoping an x39 on the side mount you should definitely go with a scope like the POSP or PSO 4x24. I have one of those too and it's absolutely awesome.

I'd prefer a Kobra to better suit my shooting style.. but genuine Kobras seem pretty damn scarce.

Yeah the Kobras are very nice too if you're looking for a red dot instead of a scope. Have you seen some of the other dots like the PK-A, PK-AS, Rakurs-A etc.? I have no idea if they are good or not never used them. Maybe they might be more what you are looking for.

Hey guys, newbie here...I have a question about the mounts. I have a 7.62 SAIGA, to my knowledge the only add ons are the stock and pistol grip. If I purchase a utg 978 mount or a BP-02 mount do I have to mod my SAIGA at all? I am new to this so I do not want to start drilling away on my rifle. Also, anyone have any recommendations on red dot scopes? Thanks!

Hey guys, newbie here...I have a question about the mounts. I have a 7.62 SAIGA, to my knowledge the only add ons are the stock and pistol grip. If I purchase a utg 978 mount or a BP-02 mount do I have to mod my SAIGA at all? I am new to this so I do not want to start drilling away on my rifle. Also, anyone have any recommendations on red dot scopes? Thanks!

No, the rail on the side of your receiver will accept all the various communist scopes/mounts.

I bought the AIMPOINT M4 and it's a quality military red dot optic, at around $730 it should be quality.