What AR stock adapters are available for S12 conversion?

I have the Vltor adapter on 4 AK's and have been very happy with them.

+1 for VLTOR

Every VLTOR product I have owned has been of the utmost quality. I did have a problem with 1 milspec AR15 buffer tube. They sent me a call tag to send the bad one back and shipped me 2 buffer tubes for my trouble! Above and beyond EXCELLENT customer service! Can't go wrong with VLTOR.

I have the MAA AR stock adaptor and love it, but then again if I were going to want a folding stock it wouldn't work. It fills the holes on the sides of the receiver and only leaves one on the underside. The product code for it is MAAISAAR.

Does anybody have experience with these:

Ace Folding Mechanism with integrated AR15 Stock Interface FSM-AR

or

Mako STKAD Adapts M16/AR15 Butt Stocks to AK47

the mako looks nice, i'd like to know more about it as well.

I have the Ace folding Mech with integrated AR15 interface, and it is first class, in all ways!

The Mako STKAD might be a polymer unit. But I do not know for sure only that some of their other stock parts are polymer. I have to still send them an email about it.

Also I just saw that R & R Targets have a Saiga/AR Stock Adapter that looks high quality. Looks like machined aluminum & marketed specifically for Saigas.

I wanted to do a "temporary" conversion so I could try turkey hunting with my S-12 next week..Then do a total home defense conversion later.

I already had two AR butt stocks lying around..an Ace skeleton, and an original A2. I used the Mako and it worked..BUT..

It is made of plastic and you will do a lot of "fitting"...Took forever to get it that last 1/16 of an inch to fit against the back of the receiver.

The biggest issue by far was when it came time to install the buffer tube...Be VERY cautious here. It is very easy to get it cross threaded. Also it gets so hard to turn you have to use a wrench on the back of the buffer tube to turn it..a BIG wrench! I put Tetra lube on the threads and that helped. It is tempting at first to just stop when it gets tight..but if you do that little "index knob" on the bottom section of the stock wont fit into the recess on the adapter.

After installing the skeleton and shooting the gun for pattern I switched to the A2 stock and like the looks more...It is VERY solid.

All in all it does what it says it will do..for a decent price.

Going to have a S12 converted soon and decided to go the AR stock (magpul) route. What are the best folding stock adapters and non folding stock adapters?

FWIW, E-Tac GoGun makes an AK-AR15 Telescopic Stock Adapter. You can see it here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=43396

FYI -- The above AR15 Stock Adapter does not work with the Magpul UBR stock specifically, although it works great with the CTR stock. Allegedly, GoGun is working on developing a similar back plate/stock adapter for the UBR.

Additionally, GoGun makes a X-Tra Heavy Duty Saiga Backplate that would likely be ideal for bolting or welding an ACE Ltd. folding mechanism to. You can see it here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42221 ("Will fit all ACE hardware, including AR-15 side-folding mechanisms")

~Gary

Edited by Gary

The Mako STKAD might be a polymer unit. But I do not know for sure only that some of their other stock parts are polymer. I have to still send them an email about it.

Also I just saw that R & R Targets have a Saiga/AR Stock Adapter that looks high quality. Looks like machined aluminum & marketed specifically for Saigas.

The R&R unit is machined aluminum. Any stock you can screw on the back of an AR will work with this adapter. A bonus is the QD sling attach points on each side.

Doug

post-22191-12717039106803_thumb.jpg

Normally sold in black

Going to have a S12 converted soon and decided to go the AR stock (magpul) route. What are the best folding stock adapters and non folding stock adapters?

FWIW, E-Tac GoGun makes an AK-AR15 Telescopic Stock Adapter. You can see it here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=43396

FYI -- The above AR15 Stock Adapter does not work with the Magpul UBR stock specifically, although it works great with the CTR stock. Allegedly, GoGun is working on developing a similar back plate/stock adapter for the UBR.

Additionally, GoGun makes a X-Tra Heavy Duty Saiga Backplate that would likely be ideal for bolting or welding an ACE Ltd. folding mechanism to. You can see it here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42221 ("Will fit all ACE hardware, including AR-15 side-folding mechanisms")

~Gary

Gary,

Thanks for the answer for GoGun,

You are right.

The GoGun Parts are billet machined out of prehardened Chrome Molly Steel. Like our other parts, They are battle tough.