Anyone using Aimpoint replicas?

I'm using a T-1 Micro knockoff from China and love it. I have it mounted on an Ultimak and it even co-witnesses. I haven't shot it a lot, but so far it is holding zero just fine. I paid about $83.00 including shipping. Took a couple of weeks to get it.

Take a look at Primary Arms. They have very good quality for the price point. Also look at the Bushnell TRS-25. It is a pretty good value for the money as well. I think it has a longer battery life than the Primary Arms ones.

Yes, definitely check out Primary Arms' stuff, good price on decent products. I have their Aimpoint M3 and Micro clone which i really like. I had to go with the TRS-25 on my Saiga 223 though because it will co-witness on an ultimak rail where the PA micro won't because of the laser housing is at 6 o'clock position.

Edited by notofnow

There were two guys using knockoffs and another guy using a Sig Sauer one at a high risk operators class I took last February. It rained and snowed on us for two of the days. Both Aimpoint knockoffs and the Sig Sauer got moisture in them and fogged up, rendering them useless. There were 4-5 Aimpoint Micros none of which had any problems. I used a Russian PK-AS red dot which also worked flawlessly. Quality costs. If you're just using it for range use, save some dough and get a knockoff. If you're putting it on a fighting rifle you might have to stake your life on, buy the real deal.

There were two guys using knockoffs and another guy using a Sig Sauer one at a high risk operators class I took last February. It rained and snowed on us for two of the days. Both Aimpoint knockoffs and the Sig Sauer got moisture in them and fogged up, rendering them useless. There were 4-5 Aimpoint Micros none of which had any problems. I used a Russian PK-AS red dot which also worked flawlessly. Quality costs. If you're just using it for range use, save some dough and get a knockoff. If you're putting it on a fighting rifle you might have to stake your life on, buy the real deal.

The Sig Sauer sight is a rebranded China POS. The same sight could be had for over a hundred less without Sig's name on it.

I would also look into the Lucid HD7 or LD7, hell I cant remember. Just do a google search for it. They have been getting some pretty rave reviews and I honestly havent seen any negatives posted about it anywhere. I believe they go for $199 w/ lifetime warranty. Even cheaper if your mil/le.

I just got my Primary arms Gen 1 in the mail today and it does co witness on an ultimak. I tried to take a pic but every one came out blurry. this is the best I could get. Now to see if it can stand up to the heat.

DSCN0089.jpg

Knockoff is the right word.

Cheap copy. Like the $30 Rolex you can buy off the street in NYC. It tells the right time twice a day!

Knockoff is the right word.

Cheap copy. Like the $30 Rolex you can buy off the street in NYC. It tells the right time twice a day!

LOL

On the other hand, why not look at PK-A. It has all the right components to it: mount, ballistic compensation and most importantly the quality. And it is not expencive

I just got my Primary arms Gen 1 in the mail today and it does co witness on an ultimak. I tried to take a pic but every one came out blurry. this is the best I could get. Now to see if it can stand up to the heat.

DSCN0089.jpg

I've got the Primary Arms Gen 3, guess i should've got the Gen 1. Anyways i relegated that one for my 22lr and the TRS-25 is pretty decent.

The Sig Sauer sight is a rebranded China POS. The same sight could be had for over a hundred less without Sig's name on it.

I would also look into the Lucid HD7 or LD7, hell I cant remember. Just do a google search for it. They have been getting some pretty rave reviews and I honestly havent seen any negatives posted about it anywhere. I believe they go for $199 w/ lifetime warranty. Even cheaper if your mil/le.

You are correct its the HD7 and thanks. :dollar::)

Here's are review of it if anyone else is interested.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2182-Review-of-the-Lucid-HD7-Red-Dot-Sight

Edited by FrustratedInCali