Dragunov Question

Does anyone sell the Dragunov rifle without a flash hider and a threaded barrel?

Flash hiders are illegal in Jersey. Oh. And no bayo lug.

Edited by Polak

Are you discussing an actual SVD or a misnomered Romanian PSL?

I was just researching it a little and it's the PSL that I was refering to (not it's $2000+ real cousin).

FYI the PSL is actually Kalashnikov's design where as the SVD Dragunov is not. The Soviets requested a long range support weapon, and both designs were submitted. The SVD was chosen out of the two, however Romania chose to use Kalashnikov's PSL design instead of the Dragunov. The SVD really only looks similar to an AK on the outside while the internals are different, the PSL is internally very similar to any AK. This is my understanding on what I have read on the subject.

No PSL that I'm aware of has been sold with a flash hider.

All that I've seen or heard of have a permanently attached muzzle brake.

Should be Jersey-legal.

I will have to send ya some pics of mine... threaded barrel... brake is removable. 14X1 LH threads. An older PSL-C

:smoke:

FYI the PSL is actually Kalashnikov's design where as the SVD Dragunov is not. The Soviets requested a long range support weapon, and both designs were submitted. The SVD was chosen out of the two, however Romania chose to use Kalashnikov's PSL design instead of the Dragunov. The SVD really only looks similar to an AK on the outside while the internals are different, the PSL is internally very similar to any AK. This is my understanding on what I have read on the subject.

I've heard that too. Does anyone know where I could look to confirm that? Not that I'm saying L5K is lying or even misinformed. I'm just one of those guys that likes to have reference stuff about firearms and their history.

I've heard that too. Does anyone know where I could look to confirm that? Not that I'm saying L5K is lying or even misinformed. I'm just one of those guys that likes to have reference stuff about firearms and their history.

SVD and PSL internals are significantly different. the PSL is a 'designated marksman' AK. Look at online manuals for each.

this clip demonstrates the difference between "Romanian military designated marksman rifle" and "Dragunov's sniper rifle" (which is not really a true sniper rifle but thats a whole different argument 8) pay special attention to the PSL-54`s barrel... enjoy

and yes, think of PSL as an AK with a longer barrel

Edited by tuktuk