This is funny. I think the oil-water separator he's talking about is essentially a swirl-vane modified to be used with liquid and a pump. I was just thinking about something similar the other day trying to figure out how to keep crap out of our pumps in the river!

The only two movies he made I could recommend:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100485/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089126/

Yakdung

+1 on Fandango, AWESOME movie! I am a Kevin Costner fan though.

Bull Durham is probably my favorite of his. Untouchables is good too.

Edited by Shaneman153D

The Postman was an awesome movie.

No, it wasn't. It's tough to make it through that flick without falling asleep! :D

When it comes to Mr. Costner's movie roles; A Perfect World and Mr. Brooks were pretty damn good but that's about it.

It is cool that he's actually come up with a practical idea to help with the (overhyped) oil spill, unlike anyone in DC. They're too busy pointing fingers and trying to demonize fossil fuels, (and capitalism in general), to be bothered to try to actually fix this problem.

reference the oil spill. These two good ol' boys have it all figured out. And it isn't some high tech billion dollar gadget. They can fix the spill for about 200$.

it's pretty neat actually.

That's a hell of an idea. I don't know how much hay it would take to make a difference or how much would be available but I think BP should be buying every bail they can get there hands on and at least getting it delivered out to the sensitive marshlands and shoreline areas as soon as possible. The fishermen will help distribute it where it needs to be from there.