SBR legal States

http://www.firearmslawgroup.com/publications/harris-publications/71-travelling-and-shipping-nfa-firearms

I'm looking for the website that had each state's firearms laws. I thought I had it in my favs. Seems like google is struggling too.

In addition to the three states mentioned above, I know WA is anti SBR...except something stupid like one county.

Thanks guys, ya know I saw that you need to inform the BATF anytime you cross State lines with it. If that's true then it is certainly not worth it to me.

That's pretty easy. Your approval is good for a year. Fill it out in Jan. for the states you want to visit and you're covered until next Jan. Sure, it's more paperwork, but it's not that hard.

Thanks guys, ya know I saw that you need to inform the BATF anytime you cross State lines with it. If that's true then it is certainly not worth it to me.

You must have a pre-approved BATF Form 5320.20 to transport an NFA weapon across state lines, and they're also specific as to your destination and purpose for transport.............

You can apply for a year at a time for any destination, and timeframes for return of the approved form has (in my experience) run a week to ten days......so it's really not that big a deal...........

Edited by Jeaux E

You must have a pre-approved BATF Form 5320.20 to transport an NFA weapon across state lines, and they're also specific as to your destination and purpose for transport.............

You can apply for a year at a time for any destination, and timeframes for return of the approved form has (in my experience) run a week to ten days......so it's really not that big a deal...........

Okay. good deal. I was thinking I would need to let them know and get approval each and every time I was heading out of State, a year pass is just fine.

That's pretty easy. Your approval is good for a year. Fill it out in Jan. for the states you want to visit and you're covered until next Jan. Sure, it's more paperwork, but it's not that hard.

Does that include States I am just passing through or just my intended final destination?

also, the state you plan on going to with your SBR, must allow a SBR, otherwise the 5320-20 will be disapproved.

MP5.net had a chart that listed each state as to what NFA weapons - SBR/SBS/AOW etc.... were and weren't allowed, but that site is gone now.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins