Factory sights & flash hiders

I'm confused??? I'd assume that the SWAT model has a changeable choke style barrel, is the flash hider a slip on? I didn't think the barrel had enough meat to cut threads on both the inside and outside without being too thin-anyone know for sure?

Man-anyone have a good, clear (large) picture of either of these that you can post.

Edited by 6500rpm
I'm confused??? I'd assume that the SWAT model has a changeable choke style barrel, is the flash hider a slip on? I didn't think the barrel had enough meat to cut threads on both the inside and outside without being too thin-anyone know for sure?

Man-anyone have a good, clear (large) picture of either of these that you can post.

The S12 Swat has a fixed choked barrel. You could use the external chokes if you unscrewed the flash hider.

Don't know how much metal is needed to thread inside and outside.

but the saiga has the thickest bbl that I've ever measured. By a LONG shot. I posted the numbers sometime back .. but I'm too lazy to find it for you :)

That's ok, I can put a mic on mine. It just seemed a little odd to me that something termed as Special Weapons would limit its use by not having a threaded barrel. After thinking about it, I guess that at the ranges it would typically be used, there's really no reason for an internal choke. Lock breachers and flash hiders are typically externally threaded devices.