a few more pics of my conv.

these are a few pics of my 7.62x39 conversion...I did a complete start to finish on this on another site.

I pulled the barrel out (just made installing the bullet guide and welding the reciever easier...

004-15.jpg

003-20.jpg

001-34.jpg

then I sanded and blasted with fine meadia...

002-24.jpg

001-35.jpg

003-21.jpg

• Like 1

here are a few pics of the bullet guide...I used a Romanian from a FUBAR donor trunnion...I riveted it in, it took a little fitting and grinding with the dremel...

014-1.jpg

015-4.jpg

016-3.jpg

I then used a modified post in my long rivet jig to set the rivet( I had a backing plate slid into the underside of the receiever)...

017-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Damn fine work...

how's it group?

this is one of my favorite 7.62x39 guns that I own...the 74 brake keeps the muzzle down range for quick follow up shots. I shot a 6.5" 5 shot group @100yards off hand last week at the range using wolf classic FMJ .

I am sporting a Kobra on it now, but it is sighted in for 25m.

Nice pic thread, and very good job on the conversion. Where did you get your gas block and FSB?

I bought the HG retainer,gas tube, GB and FSB as a package deal from theakforum...I got all three when the market was plentiful, $75 shipped.

• 10 months later...