Amazing work.

Everyone says how easy it is to Duracoat with the templates and whatnot...........but I'm fairly sure I'd screw it up. Guys like you though, make it look awesome.

(BTW, is that a cross I see in front of the slide serrations, or just a random overlapping?)

I love my 250. I carry it everyday, all day. It runs beautifully, good trigger. good accuracy. I will say that it does not like CorBon DPX ammo. The OAL of the bullet just does not cycle through it.

As for The Cross, it's no mistake. It's my little signature piece I sneak into all of my digital jobs. I make them a little more obvious on my personal pieces or on customers who ask for it. Others, well they have to hunt to find it, hehehe... :ph34r:

As for The Cross, it's no mistake. It's my little signature piece I sneak into all of my digital jobs. I make them a little more obvious on my personal pieces or on customers who ask for it. Others, well they have to hunt to find it, hehehe... :ph34r:

Well it's a nice little touch.

I'm seriously considering sending off my G23 slide (when I actually get a G23) to one of you guys (there's quite a few of you with crazy digi-cam skills) to get some urban digital on it. I think it'd look pretty cool.

That looks sweet!

I have an XD40 that is Stainless slide on black. I never really liked the stainless and have always wnated some kind of job done to it. I have tritum sights though and have put it off because I didnt want to ruin them.

Can duracoteing or what not damage your sights? or do you have to remove them? just wondering. I really dont want to go to the trouble/paying to have them removed then put back on,

That looks sweet!

I have an XD40 that is Stainless slide on black. I never really liked the stainless and have always wnated some kind of job done to it. I have tritum sights though and have put it off because I didnt want to ruin them.

Can duracoteing or what not damage your sights? or do you have to remove them? just wondering. I really dont want to go to the trouble/paying to have them removed then put back on,

Don't take my word for it, and I'd recommend getting in touch with the sight manufacturer, but.............

I've heard that those fiber-optic tubes on some sights can be dulled by oils and such. Never heard anything about tritiums though. I wonder if they could just be taped off real good to keep them from getting anything on them. I'm not sure.

To answer Chevyman; I have tritium sights on my pistol and I just masked them off. I tried to remove the front dovetail sight and couldn't. I put an oil on it and pounded the crap out of it and it would not budge. So instead of risking damage, I just masked it off and sprayed away. I usually ask customers to remove them because it makes my job a little easier, but it's not a problem if you leave them on.

• Like 1

Hey Shooter, of course I'd love for you to send your slide my way. But if you don't, just make sure they have some good pics of their work! I check out the comps work all the time and I won't name any names, but there are some REALLY BAD finishers out there. I can't stand to see a good weapon ruined by a bad DuraCoat job!

• Like 1

Hey Shooter, of course I'd love for you to send your slide my way. But if you don't, just make sure they have some good pics of their work! I check out the comps work all the time and I won't name any names, but there are some REALLY BAD finishers out there. I can't stand to see a good weapon ruined by a bad DuraCoat job!

Well, I just got back from getting that G23.

How much are we talking to just the slide of a G23?

I want something like this pattern and color:

urban-digital-glock-30.jpg

(....again, just the slide though)

I probably won't be able to afford it right away, but I'm interested in your pricing.

I probably won't be able to afford it right away, but I'm interested in your pricing.

The slide would run $125. It is expensive, but I try to remain comparable to other finishers.

The slide would run $125. It is expensive, but I try to remain comparable to other finishers.

Thanks for the quote. Sounds about on par with other refinishers I've seen.

For some reason, I'm hooked on pics of guns refinished in digi-cam.

Say Spectre, where in Texas are you? If I get my Glock here soon, I might be looking for someone to show me how to duracoat.

• 4 weeks later...