wow.. that has potential but I don't like it.

I guess I just hate that they went to town on flashlights, bipods, and optics and then stuck that crappy stock and left the original shitty pistol grip on it.

and what the heck is up with that paintjob? (I love the bright yellow "caution" sticker on the red dot, just tops it off)

on the upside I like the safety.. and I'm curious about the muzzle

Edited by volkov
They were taken in Afghanistan. Polish Special Forces version of a modernized AK.

But people who do not go into harms way with their AKs have repeatedly told me that the AK cannot benefit from red dots, a better safety selector and the ability to attach things like a light. Gabe Suarez should email them a copy of his article from his comfy safe chair here in the states and set them straight.

They were taken in Afghanistan. Polish Special Forces version of a modernized AK.

But people who do not go into harms way with their AKs have repeatedly told me that the AK cannot benefit from red dots, a better safety selector and the ability to attach things like a light. Gabe Suarez should email them a copy of his article from his comfy safe chair here in the states and set them straight.

A lot of Security Contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan are running Ultimaks with Red Dot Sights on their AKs. I guess they don't know WTF they are doing either. Anything can benefit from a RDS to gain quicker sight aquisition on a target. There isn't a huge market producing these things for nothing. They work, period.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I'd bet that Beryl rail is the real deal, and not the DPH copy.

Polish Beryl

The Beryl rails commercially available all seem to insert into the rear sight block so that the rear sight leaf has to be removed On the Wz96's their scope rails actually attach to the sides of the rear sight block so that the sight leaf is still in place and the original sights can be used even if the rail is on (with no scope.) I've looked at some pretty detailed pics of the real thing.