Where can I find this Saiga 12 stock ?

Makc,

I think he is talking about the buttstock.... I could be wrong though.

OP,

Not sure, but when you do.... be prepared to come off of some coin for it.

I saw just the stock for sale a while back at $275. May as well say the trunnion and everything else needed to put it on a Saiga 12 will cost you at least another $200 - $250. They are nice, but I'm not sure I would spring for one.

That's an S-12 SVDS style stock.

Rusmilitary has them at times. They sell out QUICK, so you need to stay on top of their site.

They will set you back a pretty penny though.

saiga12_buttstock.gif

They're sold out presently, but when they're in, they cost 279Lb plus shipping... In dollars, that's $418.50 plus shipping. :eek:

Then you'll need the folding hardware for a mere $75.00 + shipping;

butt_folding_kit.gif

Then the retaining kit for around $49.00 + shipping.

butt_retaining_kit.gif

So...

How much do you want that one now? :unsure:

May I suggest a Tromix unit? they look bad-ass & don't cost more than your gun did.

Edited by Paulyski

Wouldn't an ace stock w/ a cheek rest look almost identical and cost a lot less??

Cost less yes, look almost identical definately not IMO. I think this is a question of utility vs cost but I was going for a specific look and that meant I had to pay whatever the price was due to the rarity of the stock. I could get similar performance with a warsaw length fixed stock and have spent next to nothing, but thats not the S12 that I was after.

These SVDS folders do pop up at Rusmilitary and yes they do sell out quick. It's hard to find them at all, $275 is a steal IMO but then you do need the 5.5mm trunnion hardware and the special S12 front latch along with someone to do the conversion if you aren't adept at these things. Private sellers have them here and there over the years but as far as I know most of them have come from Oleg in the UK at some point.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

Wouldn't an ace stock w/ a cheek rest look almost identical and cost a lot less??

Cost less yes, look almost identical definately not IMO. I think this is a question of utility vs cost but I was going for a specific look and that meant I had to pay whatever the price was due to the rarity of the stock. I could get similar performance with a warsaw length fixed stock and have spent next to nothing, but thats not the S12 that I was after.

These SVDS folders do pop up at Rusmilitary and yes they do sell out quick. It's hard to find them at all, $275 is a steal IMO but then you do need the 5.5mm trunnion hardware and the special S12 front latch along with someone to do the conversion if you aren't adept at these things. Private sellers have them here and there over the years but as far as I know most of them have come from Oleg in the UK at some point.

Z

I couldn't remember where I saw it, but now I know it was a rusmilitary. At the time I didn't realize the price was in GBP. As a matter of fact that is the only place I have seen these particular stocks.

OP,

Why not just get a Russian triangle folder for $350-$375? Mine came with everything including rivets. It probably isn't a comfortable, but it would be a true Russian setup.

Could you please tell me if I need all the following , before I place my order :

SAIGA12_FOLDING_BUTT_£ 279.00 279.00

SAIGA12_BUTT_RETAIN_£ 36.00 36.00

AK_FOLDING_KIT_£ 52.00 52.00

AK_GP_RECOILPAD_£ 32.00 32.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All prices are in UK Pounds TOTAL 399.00

Thanks

Also do I need importation license from ATF to get them shipped to PA, USA

Could you please tell me if I need all the following , before I place my order :

SAIGA12_FOLDING_BUTT_£ 279.00 279.00

SAIGA12_BUTT_RETAIN_£ 36.00 36.00

AK_FOLDING_KIT_£ 52.00 52.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All prices are in UK Pounds TOTAL 399.00

Thanks

Also do I need importation license from ATF to get them shipped to PA, USA

The standard recoil pad doesn't fit this stock, I'm not sure if any of them do. Maybe the SVD recoil pad might but I didn't have the SVDS stock and the SVD pad at the same time to check. Otherwise yes, those are the parts you need.

I've always heard you need an import license to have anything over $100 shipped to the US (or something to that effect) but I can't say for sure. All I know is that I've never ordered more than $100 from Oleg at a time, all my stuff I have gotten from people here in the US.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

Yeah I have to agree with TX-Zen, the aftermarket folders work but that is about all you can say about them. I have a Tromix stock with an Ace side folder mechanism on one of my S-12s and the thing is ugly and doesn't lock up solidly at all. Under recoil it has a tendenacy to unlock, not enough to fold up but enough to bug the shit out of you. When you have a real deal factory folder it locks up so well and it just looks like it a factory part.

Edited by NinerRider
  • Like 1

Yeah I have to agree with TX-Zen, the aftermarket folders work but that is about all you can say about them. I have a Tromix stock with an Ace side folder mechanism on one of my S-12s and the thing is ugly and doesn't lock up solidly at all. Under recoil it has a tendenacy to unlock, not enough to fold up but enough to bug the shit out of you. When you have a real deal factory folder it locks up so well and it just looks like it a factory part.

Damn brother I can't believe you have the kahunas to speak up and tell it like it is!! :shocked:

I have also stated that it's hard to beat the factory parts and was quickly told they are not the end all and the after market parts work great!!

I'm not saying the after market parts are bad, I use some myself, but the factory parts are heavy duty and work well.

"Yeah I have to agree with TX-Zen, the aftermarket folders work but that is about all you can say about them. I have a Tromix stock with an Ace side folder mechanism on one of my S-12s and the thing is ugly and doesn't lock up solidly at all. Under recoil it has a tendenacy to unlock, not enough to fold up but enough to bug the shit out of you. When you have a real deal factory folder it locks up so well and it just looks like it a factory part."

I have a Tromix stock with the ace folder and mine is solid as a rock. Yours might have been defective.

"Yeah I have to agree with TX-Zen, the aftermarket folders work but that is about all you can say about them. I have a Tromix stock with an Ace side folder mechanism on one of my S-12s and the thing is ugly and doesn't lock up solidly at all. Under recoil it has a tendenacy to unlock, not enough to fold up but enough to bug the shit out of you. When you have a real deal factory folder it locks up so well and it just looks like it a factory part."

I have a Tromix stock with the ace folder and mine is solid as a rock. Yours might have been defective.

I know the ACE folders are intended to fold in one direction, but can be flipped to fold to the other side. I have heard mixed reports as far as their solidness. I'm wondering if 'flipping' them might be one of the reasons people are having an unlocking issue?

I found out about the run around associated with importing anything above $100 .

So

Can I find this stock for sale in the U.S. ?

Its not that big of a deal. Download an ATF form 6 from thier website, and send it in. Mine took 11 days. Its free, pretty fast, and you get what you want. The best idea is have a person you trust over the pond puchase direct and send private person, not from the dealer - you will need to know this persons address prior to sending out form 6. Get a UPS account(they have in house customs clearing) and the package will arrive at your door.

Damn brother I can't believe you have the kahunas to speak up and tell it like it is!! :shocked:

I have also stated that it's hard to beat the factory parts and was quickly told they are not the end all and the after market parts work great!!

I'm not saying the after market parts are bad, I use some myself, but the factory parts are heavy duty and work well.

Hell it's the internet, you can say anything you want. :rolleyes: All they can do is cry when they don't agree with you. When I first started doing this those aftermarket parts worked just fine and to be honest I had never seen or picked up a real deal Russian side folder. Once I did the aftermarket parts paled by comparison. Hanging out with Tx-Zen and the guys at Tac47 has spoiled me even further, all there guns are top notch and as authentic as possible.

Yeah I got the same combo as you do and no it isn't defective. As another poster stated, it was designed to fold to the right, once you flip it so it folds to the left recoil forces no longer work to lock the mechanism up but actually work to force the mechanism apart. I have shot two other guns with the Ace mechanism, one of which folded to the right the other like mine folded to the left. The one that folded to the right did not unlock under recoil, the one that folded left had the very same issue mine did. Results may vary but I wouldn't own another one.