So we hit the range today, brough along 2 Saiga 7.62's a Rem 700 30-06, a ruger Mk. 1 .22lr, a Yugo M48 8mm, a Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk. 1 .303, and a Stevens Model 67 12ga

It snowed and sleeted almost the whole time, but we had a great time.

Mark loading up his 50 round magazine.

7.jpg

Mark emptying the 50 round magazine

6.jpg

Brad kicking ass with his M700

1.jpg

Me on the Enfield

11.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Mark shooting the Ruger Jam-o-matic Mk. 1

5.jpg

Me and my Saiga with the 50 round mags

14.jpg

13.jpg

Damn, It jammed!

8.jpg

Look at all the pretty guns

15.jpg

16.jpg

On to the skeet range

0.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Ha Ha The Pics Work Now!

Edited by SaigaShooter

Great timing, you just reminded me that I am getting inducted as a member of the local gun club on wednesday. (Just made the call to confirm) Can't wait to be able to use the range!

G O B

W :eek: W!

Ive never seen a Saiga jam before. So thats what it looks like.

That picture might be worth some money, you should save it. Has anyone else ever seen a Saiga jam? There is photodocumentary proof that it could happen. I didnt think it was possible.

Great timing, you just reminded me that I am getting inducted as a member of the local gun club on wednesday. (Just made the call to confirm) Can't wait to be able to use the range!

G O B

Well then, better to get ready to shell out a lot of money for club sponsered spaghetti dinners if it's anything like the gun club I belong to. :lol:

Anyway, great pictures! Refreshing to see law-abiding Americans enjoying one of our (hopefully long standing!) guarunteed Constitutional rights. :super:

W :eek: W!

Ive never seen a Saiga jam before. So thats what it looks like.

That picture might be worth some money, you should save it. Has anyone else ever seen a Saiga jam? There is photodocumentary proof that it could happen. I didnt think it was possible.

I have had mine jam once before and it is likely the same cause. If you use the magazine as a grip you cock it resulting in improper feed of the rounds. Those high caps aren't everything they are cracked up to be.....especially at the range. If you are in combat or on a killing spree I suppose they are fine, but on the range even a 30 rounder is a bit much. Ten to twenty is more manageable especially if you are shooting from the prone position. The morale of the story is if you put pressure on the magazine by using it as a stabilizing grip while under fire you risk jamming the reliable Saiga. :smoke:

Thats a very good point. I agree that 30 rounders are a bit bulky and cumbersome at the range. As a matter of fact, I tend to use my 10 round mag when there is noone else there. Once the AR 15 guys start to show up though, I switch to thirty round mags because it looks cooler. :smoke: I know better than to hold on to the magazine when shooting, the only problem I have had recently is breaking off my forward sling mount, because I was resting the rifle on top of my ammo crate while shooting. :cryss: Still never had one jam in my Saiga before. My wife has a Taurus P92 in 9mm (handgun) that also has never once jammed. Other than her handgun and my Saiga, everything else has jammed and failed in one form or another, at one time or another. :rolleyes: I guess holding on to the mag while shooting would do the job if I really wanted to jam it up.

I just hafta say, that 50 round mag looks sick as shit hanging out from under a short barrel sporting Saiga. :super: Nice looking rifle. To hell with the folding stock and pistol grip, a 50 rounder is about as aggressive as you need to look. :killer:

• 4 weeks later...