Ok.....Finally decided........Need help

I used the search function more than a million times, and cant find anything like Iam about to ask.

My father has decided to ask me what I really am looking for in a birthday present this year (2 months early my bday is in September) and I finally decided on an AK47. The best price I can find is on CenterfireSystems.com, Saiga 7.62x39 for $324.99.

Iam really looking for a AK47 thats not a Saiga. Like a Bulgarian or Romanian, My father has set a limit for $350, maybe a little higher.

Does anyone know where I can find one in that price range or cheaper than the Saiga? My uncle let me dick around with his last night, even taught me in under 5 minutes to take it mostly apart and back together again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy AKA Marrok

Prices are prices when it comes to local dealers. Here, prices range between $150 on the same AK Rifle per dealer. Middle man, distributor, and seller mark up are unbelievable. Truly it's what you want, what your willing to spend, and what's available. Sometimes ordering online and doing a transfer through a trusted (YES TRUSTED) dealer is worth the money to get what you wish.

Prices are prices when it comes to local dealers. Here, prices range between $150 on the same AK Rifle per dealer. Middle man, distributor, and seller mark up are unbelievable. Truly it's what you want, what your willing to spend, and what's available. Sometimes ordering online and doing a transfer through a trusted (YES TRUSTED) dealer is worth the money to get what you wish.

Whats in your opinion, the most trusted website you would order from?

You could also just wait for your local gun show to roll around and pick up a good Romanian Wasr-10. But be sure to check it for excessive mag wobble, canted sights, canted trigger, and just about anything else that seems off.

If I were you, I'd start browsing here. Atlantic is a great business to deal with. I'd recommend staying away from IO Inc rifles and anything made by the charlatans at Lancaster.

With a ~$350 limit, you might want to look at this in particular. That's the Draco you may have read about in a few threads here, (check out the "hot-rodded Dracos" thread). They're certainly not long range weapons, but they're fun little stock-less SBR's, (officially pistols, stupid NFA), and more mil-spec than anything else you're likely to find for that price.

If you'd rather have a more accurate, capable rifle, I'd suggest a Saiga IZ-132. They are better built than any of the Romanian rifles and you can always convert restore her later, (whenever you get the money for the parts), to have a proper pistol grip, trigger group etc.

Oh, and find a different sig line. That one's already taken on this forum. ;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic

If I were you, I'd start browsing here. Atlantic is a great business to deal with. I'd recommend staying away from IO Inc rifles and anything made by the charlatans at Lancaster.

With a ~$350 limit, you might want to look at this in particular. That's the Draco you may have read about in a few threads here, (check out the "hot-rodded Dracos" thread). They're certainly not long range weapons, but they're fun little stock-less SBR's, (officially pistols, stupid NFA), and more mil-spec than anything else you're likely to find for that price.

If you'd rather have a more accurate, capable rifle, I'd suggest a Saiga IZ-132. They are better built than any of the Romanian rifles and you can always convert restore her later, (whenever you get the money for the parts), to have a proper pistol grip, trigger group etc.

Oh, and find a different sig line. That one's already taken on this forum. ;)

The Draco is a nice little gun, but thats about it. Iam lookin for full size Ak47, looks like I might be going with a Saiga. IZ-132. I like gettin a good few accessories when ever I get anything, that first link you set is probably one of the better deals Ive seen online.

Sig changed Apocalyptic. Fits more of my love of the simple things

Spartacus, that might be the one I go with. I called Guns galore, which is near me, they dont have any saiga 7.62's in, but have other ak's. One of which was $450 USED and $575 NEW..........Basic package with 1 30rd. magazine............Bout crapped myself.

I called another place, all they have in stock for the next couple months is WASR-10 Hi cap for $575.....................goin with the saiga, just need to decide on which gun store to have the gun shipped to.

Best Deal is right here from Me:

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=56496

This is the best deal on Anything ANYWHERE right now. Red-Jacket Saiga Conversion for only $569 (overnight payment required). Comes with an ultimak rail, optic and extra mags..... NO ONE, ANYWHERE Can Match this deal. :smoke:

While it is a deal, Its WAY outta my price range. Thanks for showin it though

Iam going to use it for deer hunting primarily, so all I need is just basics. I am planning on buying a different buttstock, bet your ass on that. I like my wood stock on my 410 pardner, so if i can find a decently price dragunov stock, that will be the biggest addition aside from a 4x scope.

This is the best deal on Anything ANYWHERE right now. Red-Jacket Saiga Conversion for only $569 (overnight payment required). Comes with an ultimak rail, optic and extra mags..... NO ONE, ANYWHERE Can Match this deal. :smoke:

If its to much, I can accept Layaway. 50% up front and than another 50% within 45 days. Let me know bro! You will never find another deal like this one. :zorro:

If its to much, I can accept Layaway. 50% up front and than another 50% within 45 days. Let me know bro! You will never find another deal like this one. :zorro:

Kmart in a forum lol. Thanks for the offer man, but my father is buying for my birthday and he wont have any cash until next month. So Iam just going to get the standard Saiga. I love the conversions on yours, but Iam a simple basic kind of person.

Kmart in a forum lol. Thanks for the offer man, but my father is buying for my birthday and he wont have any cash until next month. So Iam just going to get the standard Saiga. I love the conversions on yours, but Iam a simple basic kind of person.

good luck man, wish your dad a happy birthday from all of us at BigSal's Kmart-Forum-Emporium... :lolol:

Edited by bigsal

good luck man, wish your dad a happy birthday from all of us at BigSal's Kmart-Forum-Emporium... :lolol:

Lol,,,,,,you didnt read it right, its his gift to me.

MAA (business member) has them for $299... and then shipping.. $25 and $9.10 for the CC fee.. $335 shipped..

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-762x39-rifle-with-163-barrel-iz132-p-1272.html

Carolina Shooters (business member) has them for $349 and $20 shipping.. Greg @ CSS ROCKS.. :super:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-506/SAIGA-7.62X39-IZ-dsh-132-/Detail

ClassicArms has Romys with Poly Stock and Handguards #ROM-AK MV-BPS for $349

Albert

MAA (business member) has them for $299... and then shipping.. $25 and $9.10 for the CC fee.. $335 shipped..

http://www.mississip...132-p-1272.html

Carolina Shooters (business member) has them for $349 and $20 shipping.. Greg @ CSS ROCKS.. :super:

http://store.carolin...dsh-132-/Detail

ClassicArms has Romys with Poly Stock and Handguards #ROM-AK MV-BPS for $349

Albert

I actually have both those links, but one i noticed after i hit it. Mississippi arms $299 is july price. Iam going to be getting it in August. Centerfire systems Saiga 7.62 is $324.99.

Iam a greenhorn in terms of ordering guns. Here is a question. first, do I have to find a place with an FFL ( i know their involved somewhere) then order the weapon or what? this whole FFL required seems ok, but yet seems ridiculous.

Edited by Marrok

Just call local firearms dealers in your area and see what they charge to RECEIVE a TRANSFER RIFLE in.. Usually $30-50 or so..

Once you ge one resonable have them FAX there FFL where your buying it from (say CSS for example)...

Then call in your order to BUY your rifle (from CSS)... When Greg gets the FAX (from local guy) he will then ship ASAP..

Then you local dealer will call when your rifle comes in.. at that point you pay him the $30-50 fee for receiving and calling in the NICS/Background check..

Albert

Just call local firearms dealers in your area and see what they charge to RECEIVE a TRANSFER RIFLE in.. Usually $30-50 or so..

Once you ge one resonable have them FAX there FFL where your buying it from (say CSS for example)...

Then call in your order to BUY your rifle (from CSS)... When Greg gets the FAX (from local guy) he will then ship ASAP..

Then you local dealer will call when your rifle comes in.. at that point you pay him the $30-50 fee for receiving and calling in the NICS/Background check..

Albert

Thank you for Clarifying this for me.

Hey guys, what about this deal? AK 47 GP Dragunov Style Package. Comes with Dragunov Style wood stock set , 5 -10 round magazines and cleaning kit ,does not come with sling. All new & backed up by a 1 year factory warranty

Its a lo-cap version, does that mean its Basically a WASR 10?

$329.99

http://www.atlanticf...product877.aspx

I dont really mind the sling, I could prolly make one from an old Guitar strap lol.

Edited by Marrok

Marrock,

There is also a diagram somewhere on the NET on how to dremel out the magwell to take the standard AK mags.. (for future reference).... Thats what Century does to them anyway. Good deal... BTW.

Al

No c in Marrok, but that is an awesome idea for the Magwell. But with my uncanny way of screwing up everything, I am not gunna attempt it.

Found one HELL of a deal. Saiga 7.62x39 rifle for $319.99 from Peach State Guns, Thats a full $80 bucks off the original price!!!. I just emailed them asking how long the sale price lasts. Hopefully till next month........I WANT A F****** 7.62x39 RIFLE SO F****** BAD

Edited by Marrok

I might give it a try. My uncle had a good idea since iam pretty clumsy with a dremel.

He said to use a bastard file on it, do it slow, keep the same amount of strokes on each side and whammo.

Oh, also my town had a TORNADO rip though. Lost power around 5 o'clock and just got it back around 9pm. Our town is basically a gully so tornadoes dont normally touch down, my grandfather (RIP) once said that when he was younger a tornado came through like hell. This was the first tornado we had in oh......60 years or more.