Need to install BHO?

Hey everyone, I just ordered my conversion kit from CSS, and am starting to get into all the instructions for the conversion.

A few questions...

1. Does the CSS kit come with instructions?

2. Do I have to reinstall the BHO? I have seen some online videos, some dont seem to reinstall it..

3. im sure ill have more once i get into this.

Hey everyone, I just ordered my conversion kit from CSS, and am starting to get into all the instructions for the conversion.

A few questions...

1. Does the CSS kit come with instructions?

2. Do I have to reinstall the BHO? I have seen some online videos, some dont seem to reinstall it..

3. im sure ill have more once i get into this.

1. Ive never gotten one. Maybe just for the Trigger Guard. Here is a link to an awesome tutorial: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=40886 This should be all one needs, Its all I used given a couple questions here and there.

2.Yes, if its a saiga 12 I would re-install it due to it makes it easier to load a mag when the bolts open. Some do work to their bolt to make a closed bolt mag load possible, but I dont recommend it if you dont have experience with Saigas. It depends on your trigger group. If you have the Tromix Modified G2, you should be able to reinstall with out any mods to the fire control group. If its just the regular G2, then there is a hump on the hammer that needs to be ground down<--(Saiga12 only)--> and the right side of the hammer where the pin goes in needs to be ground down a smidge. Its all explained in the tutorial. Pretty thurough too. CSS also has a video on their site that helps alot with installation of the FCG.

But if you are converting a 7.62, no mods are necessary. And some dont put the BHO back in due to problems they've had or something. Ive had no problems and did put it back in. NOTE that if you dont and have a modified G2, you will need to put a spacer/washer in where the BHO used to be so your hammer doesnt move.

3. YES! I think conversions are alot of fun. Ive converted an S12 and a 7.62x39. Had lots of questions and help from people on here. Most of the questions can be awnsered with research on here. All mine have. Great learning experience. Its all quite easy. and makes everything about the gun better when you're done.

Hope this helps

Edited by AZG

1. I use Dinzag exclusively for very good reason, his FCG kits take into consideration all the Saiga particulars and work well.

2. I dont because after conversion the BHO is too close to the trigger and I just wont have anything in that area.

3. I always gain a sense of pride from doing these and its good to know you can do what it takes to make this YOUR weapon.

I don't think my conversion kit from CSS came with any instuctions at all but they have a video tutorial on their website, not to mention there are about a dozen spead all over the web. I was worried about the BHO lever protruding into the trigger guard and bothering me but honestly I do not even notice it at all. My FCG was already modified to work with the BHO and if I had decided not to reinstall it I would have had to add a spacer to take up the space of the BHO. I have read others that said they had to do some grinding and shaving to get the FCG to work, but in my case that was already done when I got it, which was a big help.

It is not hard. Just go slow and follow instructions and it will be fine.

Edited by Tarheel72

What kind of spacer is used for the sub of the bho?

Try to find a washer with the same thickness as th BHO and same hole size for the retaining pin. If the washer is too big, grind it down one way or another to where it's the same size as the outside of the retaining pin hole

post-24335-092246200 1280532205_thumb.jpeg

Edited by AZG

Woot! Got my conversion done tonight. Wasn't that bad, and the video from CSS helped a bunch.

The only thing that really went wrong is when I installed the pistol grip, somehow the new trigger guard got deformed and a out of normal shape. I may be able to form it back into the original shape (angled).

Anyone have this issue, or did I just do something wrong?

With my CSS conversion kit the trigger guard did not have a tab, but I got the rounded one, not the angled one. On mine the tab on the front of the guard goes backwards and into the guard and is attached via a screw into the existing hole. I was actually worried it might rub my finger but it does not and I have seen it on many conversions. I did not expect it to be like this but it turned out to be fine. I guess on your angled version you have a tab that goes into the mag release, which is what I was expecting. Just pop the screw out and stick it into the mag release and you should be fine. You may not even need to drill a hole for it, I have seen YouTube videos where they just stuck it in and it was tight.

For your punishment, say three Hail Marys and shoot four Zombies. Go in peace, my son.

Edited by Tarheel72

I did not reinstall my BHO, but I did install a pin retaining plate in my rifle, and from what I can see it allows for very little side to side play in the hammer. So far, I haven't seen a need for a spacer.

I am going to notch my safety lever for a BHO, while I wait for a LRBHO. Some don't like the look, but I do. Operates easier, quicker than the stock BHO, too.

2359694.JPG

I was going to reinstall my BHO as well, but when I looked at where it would be in relation to my trigger finger, it would basically be digging into my finger. I can't have that, so I decided to pass on it as VK at CGW is working on a LRBHO for rifles (I hope!).