Let me preface this thread by saying this gun is a one of a kind awesome piece of shit

When it runs it runs, but if it's having a bad day it makes me so mad I contemplate using IT for target practice......AS THE TARGET!

BUT even if it ran perfectly I would still want to sell it.

I wanted to turn my original S-12 into a bull pup so I sent it to Wakal for some preliminary work (shorten the barrel, re-work the bolt, permanently attach the flash hider). Once he got it, he talked me into upgrading to a race gun for a really good price. I jumped on the opportunity since I wasn't even sure if I wanted a bull pup back then.

When I received the gun I realized that it wasn't suitable for conversion to the bull pup configuration but I really didn’t care because it was just so awesome.

Recently I bought two bull pups chambered in 7.62. I love them so much I plan on converting my Saiga 410 shot gun into the same platform and I'm going to somehow squeeze a new S-12 into the same kit.

But to do that, I have to sell my S-12 Race Gun and I have to at get at least $1700 for it.

That may sound like a lot but it's less then I have in it and doesn't include my extensive labor

Here is a breakdown of the shot gun:

$500 - Saiga 12 Gauge Shotgun

$60 - Tapco Butt Stock

$27 - Tapco SAW Pistol Grip with Nut and Bolt

$25 - Tapco Fire Control Group

$30 - JT Engineering Main Spring

$100 - JT Engineering Sure Fire Mag Well

$150 - Three modified 12 Round Surefire Magazines

$200 - Dreadnaught Industries Mid-Barrel Compensator

$40 - Mako Folding Grip

$90 - Savage-Cutts Poly Choke

$90 - H&K Modified G-3 Sight Set

$70 - Highly Modified UTG Galil Quad Rail

$350 - Labor paid to Alex for his work

Not listed because it was included in Alex's labor Charge

•  
  • Bolt Modifications
  • Muzzle Porting

That is $1732 and that does not include the extensive labor I put into this gun for the following

•  
  • The labor required to make it run better and the ammo required to test it
  • Modification and installation of the H&K G3 Sights
  • Modification and installation of the UTG Quad Rail
  • Bolt Hold Open Safety Modification
  • Bolt and Fire Control Group Polishing

The Custom UTG Rail and the H&K Sight set up really make this gun stand out. If someone could get it running perfect it would be an awesome S-12s around

If you're seriously interested and willing to pay $1700 for this POS send an email to bobadebt@ec.rr.com

Thanks

S12001.jpg

S12002.jpg

S12003.jpg

S12004.jpg

Edited by Boba Debt

You did a good job on it .. when I read "POS" I think cheap price. $1700 isn't a cheap price .. though probably worth what you did with the shotty. Put it on gunbroker for $2k :)

I wouldn't feel right listing a gun that doesn't work on GB.com

• Like 1

I have seen some serious crap on GB go for some serious money. That gun is not crap, it just has some minor issues.

That gun would be seriously bad ass if it would run. Good luck on selling it. You probably should list it on GB though. The group of guys on this forum are a tough crowd. I can't believe you couldn't make it run. Are you sure you want to get rid of it?

Edited by Stansplace

Well, that's certainly a unique advertising approach. It seems like it would make sense to have one of our resident Saiga expert gunsmiths do some work on it to get it running right, and then sell it for top dollar. I think trying to sell a problematic and very pricey POS is going to be very difficult.

PS - You're crazy

Yeah, when I hear POS, I think of something super cheap like a hi-point...no one is going to pay that kind of money for a problematic gun, but it's still not a POS. Get it fixed and then sell it for what it's worth. Too expensive for anyone to buy it with problems, too expensive to call it a POS. You could probably make a killing on GB as stated though--people throw money around on there like those are the last ones on earth.

BTW Crazy, I haven't actually bought or sold on GB before, but I have used eBay for a long time, and I'm sure it's the same in some fundamental ways. That is, I think the others are right that you could probably unload it on GB, but then the buyer could very well flip out if he likes it as much as you do and leave you negative feedback or worse. Could get ugly easy. I still think the cost of getting it repaired would more than pay for itself, because it looks cool, and if it functioned fine then you could sell it on GB for a premium price. Just my $0.02

BTW Crazy, I haven't actually bought or sold on GB before, but I have used eBay for a long time, and I'm sure it's the same in some fundamental ways. That is, I think the others are right that you could probably unload it on GB, but then the buyer could very well flip out if he likes it as much as you do and leave you negative feedback or worse. Could get ugly easy. I still think the cost of getting it repaired would more than pay for itself, because it looks cool, and if it functioned fine then you could sell it on GB for a premium price. Just my $0.02

I have been told it will cost a lttle as $500 and as much as $1000 to get this gun fixed.

I think those are very loose estimates and I would consider sending it to a gunsmith for evaluaution but not many of them wanted to deal with me becasue of the way I outed Alex over this gun.

I caught a lot of shit over this transaction, and in my opinion most of it was undeserved.

If gunsmithing was done on it and as a result the gun became unreliable, the original gunsmith who did the work owes it to you to fix what he messed up. Either this or a complete refund on the labor. Gotta be careful who you trust with your guns and you have to be careful what modifications you make...there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Just my .02 as well

You listed it on here though! I'd seriously consider madmax4x4's offer if the repair estimate is $500 to $1000 unless you posses the knowledge and tools to fix the thing yourself.

You listed it on here though! I'd seriously consider madmax4x4's offer if the repair estimate is $500 to $1000 unless you posses the knowledge and tools to fix the thing yourself.

He did let people know it was not functioning correctly. And honesty gets a +1. From what it sounds like people might have been suggesting he sell it on gunbroker, minus the tidbit about it not working correctly.

GL I hope you get it fixed or some one decides they can give that sweet gun a good home and fix it.

He did let people know it was not functioning correctly. And honesty gets a +1. From what it sounds like people might have been suggesting he sell it on gunbroker, minus the tidbit about it not working correctly.

GL I hope you get it fixed or some one decides they can give that sweet gun a good home and fix it.

He could let folks on Gunbroker or Guns America know of its problems as well. If you are honest about it, they really can't give you shitty feedback. I'd sell off that goofy assed mid barrel compensator and SBR it myself if I had that much cash into it.

Bro, I just think it would be hard to sell on here after your posts regarding how much of a pain in the ass it has been to you. Good idea to see if a SBS builder would be willing to trade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.