I purchased a Draco Pistol two days ago. I have seen some of you have added Hogue grips to yours. Is the grip just any Hogue AK-47 grip or do I need to look for a special kind for the Draco. I have seen there is a few to choose from on the Hogue website. Also, the one point sling. Where is the best place to order a sling for the Draco? I will probably use 550 cord, parallaxtactical is sold out of the sling plate (I do not wish to drill into the trunnion) that can be inserted between the grip and receiver. The muzzle break. How have some of you changed the muzzle break as it is initially welded on? Any help is much appreciated thanks!

Diffinetly a 75 rd drum is a must have... I mounted an AMD-65 break to my Draco and the fireball and report are enhanced....

Does the AMD muzzle break thread right on with the muzzle pin? I was contemplating buying one also. I like the way they look. 75 round drum is nice but they cost over a $100. 015.gif

Any 14X1 LH thread brake will fit. I put a Krink style brake on mine.

In regards to the weld, the thread protector is welded onto the FSB with a small bead. Just a a Dremel with a cutoff wheel and touch the bead ever so slightly to grind the bead off. Keep in mind that that there is a detent on the FSB which holds the protector in place. Push in the detent and the protector will unscrew from the barrel. You may need to also get a crush washer so that your brake will screw on tightly to the barrel while indexed on the detent.

Oh a must have for any Draco... a 75 round drum... my Draco has that particular accessory... wink wink... lol. Draco's are a nice AKM and surprisingly accurate to boot.

The 75-round drums are a hoot (Romanian 75 pictured), but I actually like the Bulgy 20-rounders best!

post-1473-092449100 1284465830_thumb.jpg

post-1473-015055700 1284465847_thumb.jpg

post-1473-068083400 1284465860_thumb.jpg

Oh a must have for any Draco... a 75 round drum... my Draco has that particular accessory... wink wink... lol. Draco's are a nice AKM and surprisingly accurate to boot.

The 75-round drums are a hoot (Romanian 75 pictured), but I actually like the Bulgy 20-rounders best!

macbeau - did you use the Tromix weld on adapter plate for the stock or did you just drill and tap the back of the receiver through the rear trunion?

macbeau - did you use the Tromix weld on adapter plate for the stock or did you just drill and tap the back of the receiver through the rear trunion?

I just drilled and tapped the back of the trunnion. The stock ACE screws didn't even thread all the way through the inside of the receiver, so I went with screws that were about 1/4" longer an added star washers and nuts on the inside. I am satisfied that the screws will break (or the stock/folding mechanism will fail) before the trunnion will. The trunnion is about 4mm thick and pretty hard. Adding a Tromix plate (which I considered) is very do-able, but I'm not sure you add a whole lot more strength. I am planning to add a cross rivet and bushing to the forward part of the trunnion to shore it up in the receiver.

Macbeau sends...

does that include the rear trunions for stocks? cause i was thinking bout doing a krinkov sbr build and this looks like the easiest way! (yes i know about the laws)

Your question is confusing.

A pistol cannot legally have a stock mounted, and the Romanians produce these with a rear block that doesn't allow stock mounting of any kind (unless you modify it).

If you're gonna build an SBR on a Draco, my suggestion stands - pull the factory rear block, weld up the holes and go from there. . .

. . . I honestly think the factory rear block is too thin to hold up to the rigors of a mounted stock.

Just so everyone knows and to dispell any speculation, I just measured the thickness of the back of my trunnion and it's ~9.5mm which is about 3 time thicker than the sides of the trunnion that you can see inside the Draco. It is much more substantial than the sides would indicate and it has been heat treated, though I have no idea of the hardness (it's pretty hard to drill and tap. needs lots of cutting oil and a good drill/tap).

Macbeau sends...