My next NFA item....  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What would you get next?

• 24mm supressor for AKMs
    • .223 supressor for ARs
    • SBR stamp for my very own AR
    • SBR stamp for one of the 107URs
    • SBS stamp for Saiga 12

I have a trust and recently sent off a Form 1 to build my wife a SBR AR. Yes, she is that cool. Now I want something. See how that works? :angel:

I can get....

7.62 supressor for my 24mm threaded AKMs

.223 reflex supressor for my ARs

Form 1 to SBR a 107UR

Form 1 to build my own SBR AR

Form 1 to SBS a Saiga 12

9mm supressor for my Glocks

22 supressor for my Walther P22s and a future 10/22

I will get all of these sooner or later, but....

Money has gotten somewhat tighter lately and I am itching to make a move in the direction of creating or acquiring another NFA item. What would you do and why?

I think long term in regards to NFA items... what could you keep going back too and enjoy time after time again? The answer... A short barreled Saiga 12! What could possibly bring more satisfaction and joy then a short barreled Saiga 12 with a 20 round drum?

You know you want it! lol.

• Like 1

I know it's not cool in a AK forum but I'd say go with the F1 for an AR. So many options out there (.22, 5.56, 9mm, etc)for that one lower it's hard to beat. Then I'd say SBS the S12, then suppress the Glocks, then SBR the 107UR, then....

I think long term in regards to NFA items... what could you keep going back too and enjoy time after time again? The answer... A short barreled Saiga 12! What could possibly bring more satisfaction and joy then a short barreled Saiga 12 with a 20 round drum?

You know you want it! lol.

I am sort of leaning towards a Form 1 for one of my 12s. I fire them more than anything else. I never realized that 12ga would be so much cheaper to shoot and so much more fun than anything else. Live and learn :smoke:

I know it's not cool in a AK forum but I'd say go with the F1 for an AR. So many options out there (.22, 5.56, 9mm, etc)for that one lower it's hard to beat. Then I'd say SBS the S12, then suppress the Glocks, then SBR the 107UR, then....

Well.... I considered getting a spare upper and use her lower when I want to fire it until I get my own SBR'd lower. The URs are calling me though. Tough decisions....

To help visualize your choices. Everything but the 7.62 can...

P1080260.jpg

It kills me to look in my safe and see 3 107URs with the goofy looking long barrel.... I even have a crowning tool for when I get a stamp or stamps. The funny thing about the 107s is that need only to have the barrel cut and crowned to look incredible. Well.... they need a 4 piece to be perfect :smoke:

107UR or S12 SBS. Then again, you just don't see many suppressed AKs.....Oh, a suppressed 107UR!

Suppressed UR is what I'm wanting about the most, but I have the feeling a SBS will really be fun at the range. My S12s are more fun than anything I have owned. There's just something about firing 12 ga in a rapid manner. SBS can only make it better.

you have to sbr your AR before you put a suppressor on it , looks goofy with all that barrel out therepost-24953-033228900 1284021481_thumb.jpg

The intended final result with the SBR ARs was to have a 12.5" barrel and a reflex can. The barrel plus the can should end up being around 17" from the bolt face. I have a nice 16" middy that would look nice with a can on it even though it would be long. It is an absolute pleasure to shoot as-is.

It's amazing I didnt vote for any of the centerfire suppressor options considering I dont have one yet but the point was made earlier.....pick something you know that everytime you shoot it a smile will creep across your face and turn into perm-a-grim.

My Tromix S17 does it everytime!:super:

I have 2x .22 cans, 2x 9mm cans, 1 sbr AK and 2 sbr AR's and 1 MG..............The TROMIX SBS is bar none my "go to" for fun times.

Norty,

You are killing me. That looks gorgeous.

Thanks man!! Also since you already have the 107UR it should cost less than your other options. Hmmm....with that money saved you should buy one of AK suppressors from Will at Red Jacket.

S-12 SBS is super-fun, and I love my 8" Red Jacket, but they are shoulder punishers! If you do get one, avoid 3" loads - high-powered cartridge plus extremely lightweight gun equals lots of recoil. They also require a fair amount of knowledge and skill to shorten and tune the gas system - means for most of us that we pay one of the masters to do it for us.

For the most versatility, an AR lower really does make sense. .22 cans are a lot of fun too, as long as you have something to put them on. A Walther P22 is a great platform for a suppressor. YHM Mites and Gemtech Outback 2s are both fine suppressors - I prefer the Mite because it's available in stainless steel and can be disassembled for cleaning.

• 1 month later...

This is a tough one. It'll depend on what kind of shooting you do the most. My saiga is a purpose built gun for 3 gun. I wouldn't SBS my Saiga at all. (but that's me)

I started with a SBR ticket for my 9mm and .223 AR's. I have a Trident 9 waiting for a Form 4. Next I'll get a .22 suppressor and 223 suppressor. (After my wedding, If I have enough left over) and then the BIG one......M16 lower. :D That will be a good 10+ months of ramen noodles and mac and cheese. ;)

This is a tough one. It'll depend on what kind of shooting you do the most. My saiga is a purpose built gun for 3 gun. I wouldn't SBS my Saiga at all. (but that's me)

I started with a SBR ticket for my 9mm and .223 AR's. I have a Trident 9 waiting for a Form 4. Next I'll get a .22 suppressor and 223 suppressor. (After my wedding, If I have enough left over) and then the BIG one......M16 lower. :D That will be a good 10+ months of ramen noodles and mac and cheese. ;)

Alternative plans:

•  
  • Have non-fancy wedding, get toys sooner
  • Feign amnesia regarding proposal, get toys sooner
  • Convince newly-discovered wealthy relative to pay for wedding, get toys sooner
  • Convince fiancee that polygamy is awesome, marry rich wife also, buy lots of toys

Edited by Shandlanos

Hello

Well, I just took advantage of MAA's "We'll Pay the NFA Tax" promotion to score a Red Jacket suppressor for one of the two AK pistols I'm doing SBR's on.

I'm thinking nothing says "SBR" better than "Suppressor".

I suppose that's my $.02.

Respectfully,

-guido

Hello

Well, I just took advantage of MAA's "We'll Pay the NFA Tax" promotion to score a Red Jacket suppressor for one of the two AK pistols I'm doing SBR's on.

I'm thinking nothing says "SBR" better than "Suppressor".

I suppose that's my $.02.

Respectfully,

-guido

I am going to make a move after Christmas. I'm still not sure exactly what I will do, but I am going to at least get a SBS stamp. I would like to sneak a supressor in there too.