Extreme Makeover

My S-12 is off on a two week vacation to Elite in Texas for 'The Works'. Dave is hilarious. It was an episode from American Choppers OCC while we talked. It sounded like like a madhouse in the background as he barked orders to his 'challenged' employees.

It looks like a converted model will get quite pricey in the future. I'll post impressions upon receipt of the firearm and 8 rounders from God knows where. Wait till the boys in North Carolina get a load of this deer hunting this November. The game is fixin' to get a load too!

I felt like near $300 cost for the mod was good considering 8 rounders are over $200 on ebay. If the new importer happens then all this will change, but who cares? A nice Benneli costs 2 grand and isn't much fun to shoot. I'll take a case of low brass to the lane and have a crowd watching this thing rock and roll. Got to break it in, right?

Cheers

Edited by snake

Dave will do a great job: simply top-notch. Forgive him if it takes a tad longer than 2 weeks, I doubt it will, but I think you might be right about the American Chopper thing with the "challenged co-workers". It took a little longer with mine than originally predicted when he took on my project, but he did an awesome job and I'm so glad he took the time to do it right. Definately post pictures of your's as soon as you get it back, I'm eager to see more of his work.

Just think, you probably spent ~$300 for the gun and about the same for mods. The only other boys with a semi-auto worth a damn are those with Binelli's. Only catch is, they're not PG, they're not tactically practical, they cost a helluva lot more than $600, they kick like a donkey, they're slower to load, they cost more to shoot, and they're less fun to shoot. If someone sees a Binelli they might respect it for it's cost and refinery, but when someone sees a Saiga it's respected because it's functional and kicks-ass. Man I love these guns.

• 1 month later...
My S-12 is off on a two week vacation to Elite in Texas for 'The Works'. Dave is hilarious. It was an episode from American Choppers OCC while we talked. It sounded like like a madhouse in the background as he barked orders to his 'challenged' employees.

It looks like a converted model will get quite pricey in the future. I'll post impressions upon receipt of the firearm and 8 rounders from God knows where. Wait till the boys in North Carolina get a load of this deer hunting this November. The game is fixin' to get a load too!

I felt like near $300 cost for the mod was good considering 8 rounders are over $200 on ebay. If the new importer happens then all this will change, but who cares? A nice Benneli costs 2 grand and isn't much fun to shoot. I'll take a case of low brass to the lane and have a crowd watching this thing rock and roll. Got to break it in, right?

Cheers

Any follow up on this? How did the conversion go and do you have any pics?

Also where can I get contact information for Elite?

thanks....

post-2029-1119369466.jpgIt's back from the Texas adventure with a whole new attitude. The work done was the standard list except a few upgrades: SAW grip, white bead front sight and a bolt hold open safety lever. The muzzle brake and 8 round mag complete the project. I have a Bulgarian recoil pad coming from K-Var to add an inch and save my wussy shoulder.

The feel is totally different with the PG and short stock. I plan on running slugs through it this week at the range to loosen up the new parts. The trigger is far better than the stock sporter group, bigger, better feel. The safety holds the bolt open and sets it flying forward at the flick of a finger, good for the 3 gun and range police. Easy to load the mag with it held open.

The Durocoat Dave used is very nice and won't come off with paint thinner. The new screws and fillers are very well done, and the SAW grip is bitchin'.

It fits in the AR case now! Worth the $300? Yep. This procedure may well be prohibited in the future by the US Gestapo in Washington. The makeover has brought out the true nature of the beast.

Dave's # 1-817-285-8663

Edited by snake

EliteFirearms.net...<---click on this

..He's got 2 of mine rt now...a S12 & S410..& he's done a few others of mine...OUTSTANDING work...He's really busy rt now...but he's usually really prompt about answering Phone & emails...answers all questions...even stupid ones..Heh!..tell Dave that Wade sent ya.... :super: ..I can take a pic of one if ya like..Email it to ya...

Give me a shout/ping @ StarLynx@swbell.net

Edited by StarLynx
  • 2 years later...
Dave will do a great job: simply top-notch. Forgive him if it takes a tad longer than 2 weeks, I doubt it will, but I think you might be right about the American Chopper thing with the "challenged co-workers". It took a little longer with mine than originally predicted when he took on my project, but he did an awesome job and I'm so glad he took the time to do it right.

that was most definitely not my experience with dave@elitefirearms.net. it was an ak i was having overhauled that he originally told me would take 3 weeks, that turned into 2 months, and he wouldn't return my calls, he was supposed to molyresin my rifle, he sprayed it with something else, maybe krylon? he tried to steal my east-german bolt carrier that i gave to him to upturn the bolt, he lied and told me it wouldn't headspace, and that he had put a bulgarian bolt carrier in my rifle(ie better than the origional romanian, and a fair trade) when i pointed out that the rifle still had the origional bolt carrier, with numbers that matched the reciever, he said "oh, not the bolt carrier, the bolt." which of course was another lie, the part # for the bolt matched, and was my old romanian. he cut my barrel down without recrowning it, and put a permanent ak-74 style brake on. he roughly ground my kvar hammer in the middle of the hammer to no effect, when he could have taken 15 minutes to smooth and polish it properly. when i politely asked him about these issues and inconsistencies, he told me to "go %&$# myself." on the plus side, he did a good job with the 90 degree gas block he put on it. i would never, ever, ever, do business with that worthless pos, again. dave is a hack, he may have talent and skill, but he didn't bother to demonstrate that to me, he just ripped me off for $500, and cussed at me. thanks, dave. the east german bolt carrier is working perfectly, btw.