• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mmmmmm nope, unfortunately not. I've read about people actually using superglue with success (no really! LOL!) but I don't have much confidence in that. There's just not much of a metal on metal cont

That said, if I can find a LH tap somewhere for not too much, I'd be willing to give that a try too after soaking it for awhile. Should I get fine or coarse threaded? Which would be easier to tap. It

I have also read to heat it cherry hot, then apply candle wax. it will seep into the threads easier than penetrating oil. My 87 Sbuburban was a nightmare to get the original plugs out of last year, bu

Posted Images

For the love of christ Pauly. Obviously you don't like Cobra and obviously he does not like you. Why do you even right in any of his post? It makes no sense.

I just tried to help initially.

Not so much for him even, but anyone else who may come along & run into the issue in the future. When I get certain tones of responses I reply in kind.

I think I've shown restraint lately.

Riddle me this, if I am STARTING stuff, Why am I always replying to stuff?

Are you familiar with the term allusion?

Let me enlighten you.

Look above in the thread.

I had apologized to his lady & just said "fuck it."

Then he felt the need to EDIT into his post, shit alluding to myself.

When he first posted that post, it had NO reference to myself, but he felt the need to go back & edit in shit-talk.

I know this, because I can see the first post of all topics that quote me or those that I'm watching before any edits. It's a setting the forum software provides.

His first draft read simply;

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know a little lady who's gonna be real happy with her man....

Take that you ol rusty chevy!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

But then, he felt the need to revise the post using his mod-edit abilities to talk shit without leaving an edit mark & egg shit on... Well, so be it.

Now if this had come from someone who didn't constantly start shit with myself out of the blue with random allusions, it would <snip>

Fuck it.

This isn't worth the energy my fingers are using to type this. I feel like a broken record.

Now here you are, prompting a response from me... Kinda paradoxical & ironic, don't you think?

But that was your intention right?

Bored and you wanna fuel shit?

Have fun with that ranger.

BTW; My Lord has nothing to do with this, so kindly leave his name out of it, or at least capitalize the first letter of his name.

Thanks.

Edited by Paulyski

Nothing ironic about calling a spade a spade. Save your acidic wit for those posts that need some comic relief. Your constant harassment is counter productive.When you have something good to say, say it. We all know how you feel about Cobra, so quit acting like a spoiled 3 year old Yuppie spawn and MAN UP.

Nothing ironic about calling a spade a spade. Save your acidic wit for those posts that need some comic relief. Your constant harassment is counter productive.When you have something good to say, say it. We all know how you feel about Cobra, so quit acting like a spoiled 3 year old Yuppie spawn and MAN UP.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are you drunk or are you just a natural ASSHOLE? IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY - SAY NOTHING!

At least I'm direct & don't have to hide behind cowardly allusions that pop up in the damnedest unexpected places, like phantom edits & the status section.

I'm really trying to be civil here.....

Edited by Paulyski

Cobra,

Glad to see ya got it all set. Thats gotta be a big relief to have it fixed without having to fuck around.

I thought you had one of them "SPECIAL" Chevy's... With the DUAL STARTERS... LOL :lol:

Also... how the hell did a Carolina truck get so damn rusty in the first place? Did you buy it from a NY'er?!?!?! hahahaha

And Paulyski... I NORMALLY dont say too much about things where I HONESTLY feel people need to grow some thicker skin all around... but in this case, I have to agree with GOB... If ya cant refrain from being nice... why not just refrain period? Really?!?!

Theres a couple more individuals in another thread who I need to speak to as well... They both gotta get their shit together and quit acting like fucking crybabies.

The truck is mine, not Shannons. It was owned by someone who lived in MD for the first 11 years of it's life. I bought it in 2005. If anyone is responsible for the condition of the truck, it's me, not Shannon. I left it sitting for 3 years. It's not good for a vehicle to just sit there that long. But it was my doing. I'm just glad that part is fixed.

Hopefully this thread can be useful to someone else as long as they don't mind reading through all the petty bickering....

The truck is mine, not Shannons. It was owned by someone who lived in MD for the first 11 years of it's life. I bought it in 2005. If anyone is responsible for the condition of the truck, it's me, not Shannon. I left it sitting for 3 years. It's not good for a vehicle to just sit there that long. But it was my doing. I'm just glad that part is fixed.

Hopefully this thread can be useful to someone else as long as they don't mind reading through all the petty bickering....

I knew it was yours... When I asked him if he got it from a NY'er I was just teasin... LOL Only cause I know how OUR vehicles get up here... and get that way QUICK.. :unsure:

:smoke:

Paulyski I started this thread because I wanted some experienced opinions from actual mechanics, or anyone who had ever actually faced this problem. There was never any reason to come in here and start insulting me or questioning my mechanical abilities. You did both, and tried to make yourself look smarter than me for some reason, while making me out to be some kind of fool. You even said you "didn't give a shit what I do"....you were only posting for someone else's benefit....that's called trolling.... I have no doubt that you have good mechanical skills and I was actually hoping you would respond in this thread with some positive input, without the undertones you did it in, ridiculing me and even posting completely false info that briefly took the thread in a different direction. If you had read the opening post like everyone else must have, and you actually do know about Chevy Vortec engines, you would not have "assumed" < (your words)...that it had aluminum heads and I was being a real dumbass by putting a damn torch to a steel plug in an aluminum hole. Only an idiot would do something like that because we all know steel is harder and will expand and possibly break or even melt an aluminum threaded hole around it. You intentionally threw that in my face whether trying to actually help or not. I even posted a link to a thread where people were discussing this very problem. If you had read that maybe you wouldn't have said what you did. You don't even like being "alluded" to, much less openly insulted. Like I said, I have great respect for your mechanical abilities and I have complimented you here in the past, on your gun work, and even on that motorized bicycle you built and posted pics of. All that being said, I'm not the dumbass you won't to make me out to look like and I shouldn't have to just sit back and take that shit without responding. I was working on cars with my dad while you were still in diapers....in fact...before you were even born. By the time I totally rebuilt my first car, a 68 Nova that had come from an island on the coast, and was even rustier than Racegal's Blazer, I had already helped my old man remove, rebuild from the block up, and replace the engine in a little car he bought for my step mom, a 72 Honda Coupe....even had to do it through the bottom of the car (R&R) in our driveway. Before that I used to help him while he worked on his 396 big block in his 66 Chevelle SS. During that same time I also stayed right with him handing him tools and him letting me assemble and torque bolts in his Honda Gold Wing 1000 he bought wrecked and rebuilt the engine in. When I was 15 I got the Nova from Great Grandma when she retired from driving. It had rust holes in it so big it required sheet metal patches in places, with the bondo and fiberglass work. I was told by my old man that if I wanted that car it was mine for the same 100 bucks he gave my Grandma for it, under one condition...that I worked cutting grass and doing other side jobs til I saved all the money to pay upfront, and that I had to complete all the bodywork to his satisfaction, primer it, and get it ready for Earl Shibe. I did that as well as a complete tuneup on it myself, before I was ever allowed to even drive it, short of moving it around the yard to work on it. After I totaled it a couple years later by being dumb and rolling a stopsign, getting T Boned, and almost hurt bad, I bought a 70 Chevelle with no engine, and salvaged the 307 and tranny and dropped it in my new cooler car. Drove that until I traded up to a 455 big block '73 Pontiac Grand Am, which I also turned wrenches on a lot. After that it was my first Cobra II, which I got for 500 bucks from a guy who couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run. I took a look under the hood in his driveway, immediately spotted a loose red wire hanging under the distributor, and went straight to the bank to take out a loan. I came back a couple hours later, paid the man, had my uncle pull me out of his driveway in it and down the road, reconnected the wire, push started the Cobra and drove it back home. After also replacing the electronic ignition I drove that car for years til I rebuilt the engine myself. That was '81...I believe you were about three years old then, correct?

I still have it BTW...along with another one with a 2800 V-6, and a third with the 302 V8, which I also rebuilt completely. I have turned wrenches all my life, on all my own cars, and worked on my friends' cars as well....

SO...as I said truthfully in my first response to your instigating post, "aint my first rodeo cuz".....I also did my best to try and sound light hearted and civil...hence the smilies and the word "cuz". You and I have had enough disagreements and I'm done arguing with you. I was definitely not trying to start anything with you in this thread especially. I think every last person who reads this thread can see that plainly. I was not the aggressor here. You insulted me and posted misinformation, and I corrected you....and yes I rolled my eyes because I'm tired of this shit happening every time I post and you respond. I have asked you nicely to just put me on ignore, so you won't take things I say and feel like you need to set me straight all the time. I am perfectly willing to coexist here with you as long as you can stop attacking me. It's silly and there's no reason for it. I tried to call a truce with you and I have not even responded to any of your posts recently except in agreement for the most part, to what you've said. If you say something wrong about me or my posts, am I not allowed to try and clear things up? At least when I do it I don't try and ridicule you. You need to just let the past go, and you and I start getting along here, just as Classy Kalashnikov and I have done. Shit I could probably even get along with mav, post apoc, and chevy if they would make an effort to get along with me. We all want to share this space and dammit it's fucking retarded to keep all this bickering going all the time! I have stopped my aggressive posts towards all these people, and you especially. I kindly ask you to do the same, or simply put me on ignore, like I have already done you. It's pretty cool really, the posts go by and you don't have to look at them unless you want to. If you want to that bad then you might be just looking for something negative in my posts. Just don't do that and we will get along fine.

Is that asking too much?

Here in front of everyone I am calling for a truce with Pauly. I hope he can take a deep breath, step back...and try to cooperate with me from now on. We both have lots to offer here. He and I just have different personalities. He says in his own profile statement that he enjoys... "Playing the internet" politically speaking,

By making outrageously exaggerated statements simply to spur debate & advocate subversiveness."

By nature I am not very good at just ignoring sarcasm and things I take as insults to my intelligence. I usually respond to that stuff unfavorably. Just don't play that shit on me and we won't have issues. It only causes big problems. I know damn well y'all are all sick of this shit almost as much as I am. I only want to come here every day and help people, as well as get some work done and provide a service to many people who are interested in the custom niche that I fill here. I do not want to fight with anyone. Why can't you people who dislike me forget about what I've done to hurt you in the past and just treat me like you would want me to treat you. You do that and I promise not to "allude to you" or be insulting toward you in any way.

I have been guilty in the past of letting my temper get out of control and telling a few people off here. That has made some people hate my guts. Sorry for that. Get over it. Let's be MEN and start over fresh. The whole damned forum will appreciate it I'm sure.

Edited and showing it here so I won't be seen as having an unfair advantage...

Edited by Cobra 76 two

I would like to add, rather than edit...that I would prefer to be able to peacefully coexist with everyone on this forum, and not have to use the ignore feature. Until now I only had Frick, and one other prick on ignore.

"Can't we all just get along?"

OK Paulyski, you have been offered an olive branch. Will you accept it? I can't possibly be the only one on this forum that is really sick of you two arguing all the time. It would be nice if you guys could bury the hatchet and NOT in each others heads! I will be sure he holds up to what he said he would do (or not do, as it were). Will you?

I know a lot of you guys dont care, but I am reading more and more in other forums that this place has got to where there are more fights going on that people helping each other out.

That is sad because there are so many smart helpful folk here. And this is the place if you want to find new goodies for your Saiga platform.

I know I would never have bought a S12 if it were not for the people here, and I owe everyone bigtime for that.

I know a lot of you guys dont care, but I am reading more and more in other forums that this place has got to where there are more fights going on that people helping each other out.

That is sad because there are so many smart helpful folk here. And this is the place if you want to find new goodies for your Saiga platform.

I know I would never have bought a S12 if it were not for the people here, and I owe everyone bigtime for that.

Kind of like the old days before everything went digital.... you get a little static in the background of the TV picture or the sound on the radio. It's just a little static... ignore it. :)