I think I want to put a Krinkov-style folding stock on a Saiga 5.45 build but I don't know if I can get one anywhere besides parts kits I don't need the majority of the parts from. Has anyone done this/know where I can get just the Krink folding stock?

I think I want to put a Krinkov-style folding stock on a Saiga 5.45 build but I don't know if I can get one anywhere besides parts kits I don't need the majority of the parts from. Has anyone done this/know where I can get just the Krink folding stock?

I have some of the DPH units complete, new with all hardware and accessories that I can sell you if you are interested. Shoot me a PM.

Edit: Both sets are now sold! Sorry guys, thanks for all the PM's :super:

Edited by bigsal

It's really sad AK-100 trunnions are no where to be found :(

Arsenal still puts out plenty of rifles with them so there has to be a source some where.

I'm hoping Arsenal's source bulks up and K-var has them in stock again.

That or DPH makes more. I've seen a few posts on builds using them. Even a Saiga .308. So as long as you don't have that issue AKBLUE had with the big through rivet they look good to go.

I was lucky enough to grab one of the ones Suarez had for sale back in Oct. 2009. Those might be the same as the DPH though.

Good luck on your hunt. If/when you find one post where you did.

Kinda found one here (Buisness member): http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16737&cat=251&page=1

The reciever block sticks out a bit farther than I thought but maybe I'll end up gett'n this. Anyone know if you have to cut the "tang" on the rear trunion like the Ace folders? Looks like it...

Kinda found one here (Buisness member): http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16737&cat=251&page=1

The reciever block sticks out a bit farther than I thought but maybe I'll end up gett'n this. Anyone know if you have to cut the "tang" on the rear trunion like the Ace folders? Looks like it...

classy is correct. That is an extendo-tang model. it not only looks ridiculous, but it defeats the ergonomic advantage of the original design. It is a huge fail, meant for people who do not know better.

Kalashniklown PM on its way!

• Like 1

Arsenal still puts out plenty of rifles with them so there has to be a source some where.

Arsenal is still using the original 4.5mm pattern AK74 trunnion, AK100 series are actually AK74m pattern trunnions and are 5.5mm with a slightly different design than the 4.5mm. For some reason it's actually a little easier to find the 5.5mm hardware lately, I guess those zillions of Bulgarian 4.5 kits have finally dried up.

Z

Arsenal is still using the original 4.5mm pattern AK74 trunnion, AK100 series are actually AK74m pattern trunnions and are 5.5mm with a slightly different design than the 4.5mm. For some reason it's actually a little easier to find the 5.5mm hardware lately, I guess those zillions of Bulgarian 4.5 kits have finally dried up.

Z

Did not know that, thanks Z. Is there a regular source for the 5.5 hardware?