AK thumbhole stock on Saiga??

Someone please enlighten me on the ak stock topic. I was under the impression that any AK stock would work on my .308 Saiga. I am just about finished with the conversion but when i went to fit the AK thumbhole stock on the Saiga it just doesn't align correctly. The very butt of the rifle will match but there will be a gap that gets progressively larger toward the front of the pistol grip part. I don't even see a good way to mod this to make it work.

RSH

I tried to attach a pic but it was too large. I did take a picture of the original stock and the thumbhole together. You can see the taper on the butt as compared to the stock version. The only place I can host this from is my yahoo briefcase. So there is a difference between the stamped and milled receivers?

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/rscotth68

RSH

yeah that looks like a stock for a milled reciever to me. notice that on your basic saiga stock , there are screw holes to screw the stock into the trunion from the top. there arent any holes or such extension on your thumbhole stock because milled reicevers have a completely different trunion.

you need to get a thumbhole stock that MATCHES the front of the saiga stock... made for the stamped receiver... the angle is almost square, not angled like that one for the milled receiver.

your best bet... SELL THAT, save your stress, and get the PROPER ONE!!!

go to J&G sales, they have chinese ones for CHEAP!!! they work, but ya gotta be CAREFUL when installing them, if they dont fit perfect, ya need to dremel a little here and there, or you will SPLIT THE WOOD!!! I have split a few... just gotta be real careful with them, but once on, they are GREAT... all.. and I MEAN *ALL* my conversions have those thumbhole stocks on them!!!

( well, ok, all but one... LOL)

:smoke: