Is there a difference between RAA IZ-109 and SGL12-01?

Hey Y'all,

I am going to buy a Saiga 12 very soon, either from CSS for $459 or from K-Var for $489. Do you know of any differences between the RAA IZ-109 offered by CSS and the SGL12-01 offered by K-Var? Thank You for your help.

-Stew

If you order it from CSS today, you'll get it yesterday. I can't speak about kvar's shipping, I've never delt with them.

Hey Y'all,

I am going to buy a Saiga 12 very soon, either from CSS for $459 or from K-Var for $489. Do you know of any differences between the RAA IZ-109 offered by CSS and the SGL12-01 offered by K-Var? Thank You for your help.

-Stew

Yes there is....

Seems like a difference of $30.00 :unsure:

anyone know the approx shipping charges, Buds had them for $ 506 with free shipping......

I too wondered if there was a difference in the models

Ours are $479 shipped.

• Like 1

Who is doing the K-var's warranty work?

Now that's a really good question... :unsure:

+1

Considering how bad factory QC can be when it comes to gas port size, placement etc, I'd say it's a fucking excellent question that should perhaps be asked in K-Var's sub-forum.

I wonder if the shit that comes through Legion goes through extra QC?

I ordered mine from K-var. Made in 09. 3 ports & all holes aligned. So far I shot 40 slugs through as breaking-in. With MD V plug, it runs as MD instruction specifies - slugs run half way OK @ setting 1, runs fine @ setting 2.

I will run high powered shells more and then will try running target loads.

I did order from K-var knowingly it's price was higher than others. Just for convinence... I bought other AK's from them before. I order, pay, & get AK. Nothing special...

Who is doing the K-var's warranty work?

Now that's a really good question... :unsure:

+1

Considering how bad factory QC can be when it comes to gas port size, placement etc, I'd say it's a fucking excellent question that should perhaps be asked in K-Var's sub-forum.

I wonder if the shit that comes through Legion goes through extra QC?

I picked up a SGL-41 (Legion conversion) through K-var a year ago and haven't had one issue yet. I've put approx. 700 rounds down range thus far (Winchester #4, 000, and rifled slugs 3" Super X). I'll have to peek back at this thread in a bit or dig a little further for the answer to that warranty question. Oh, and I believe the shipping took 4 days (NV-TX).